Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
calishaye
AF Newbie

02 voyager stalling/upper gasket hole

my voyager stalls when idling. Also, if I drive it for a short distance, shut it off, then try to start it a few minutes later, it doesn't start. It turns over, but doesn't fire. It always starts about 30 min later. When I step on gas, it sometimes hesitates or jerks a bit. It did this last summer and acted up mostly when air temp was hot. Ran fine all winter, spring and this summer. Is now acting up again. I have a small hole in the upper gasket. Just recently replaced blower motor as this only worked on highest setting before going out completely. Could the upper gasket be causing the stalling/vacuum problem? Had the crank sensor replaced but didn't help. Thanks.
calishaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: 02 voyager stalling/upper gasket hole

If you're talking about the intake planum gasket, yes fix it. It can be contributing to your problems. A shop should be able to easily pinpoint this with a scope, that is if they can duplicate the problem. If you want to handle this there's a laundry list of possibilities. Around the top of my list are the cam sensor, a clogged IAC valve passage in the throttle body, TPS sensor etc.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
calishaye
AF Newbie

Re: 02 voyager stalling/upper gasket hole

I don't know what he meant by upper gasket as I am not knowledgeable about cars at all. He couldn't reproduce the problem ever and no codes ever showed up. The check engine light used to come on but no codes showed up. Last year it used to stall when I came to a stop but always started back up. Now it's not stalling except once when idling for a few minutes. It's just not starting after driving it for a short distance, then starting it up after it being shut off for a few minutes. It always starts after about 30 min.
calishaye is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager