Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series
E Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford E-150, Ford E-250, Ford E-350, and Ford E-450.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
daviejj
AF Newbie

f350 , 7.5 engine

I have an RV F350 ford with a 7.5 engine. Can anyone tell me why I not getting fire at any of the plugs. Engine turns over good. Year 1991.
Also, how to get the pickup from the distributor if that is the problem.

Warm regards,
Ron
daviejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
LarkenM
AF Newbie

Re: f350 , 7.5 engine

I replied on another thread with a related problem. 1989 travelcraft class C with a 460. Drove fine one day, nothing the next. Turns out we were not getting the lip signal from the distributor. This we fixed by replacing the entire distributor. Its easier and cheaper, i am still having issues getting it back operational. Good luck. 20 bucks at AutoZone for a plain distributor, wish noe i would bave sprung for the more expensive one, as i believe thst my new one may be bad also. Isbthe tfi module on yours mounted on the dizzy or remotely?
LarkenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
daviejj
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkenM View Post
I replied on another thread with a related problem. 1989 travelcraft class C with a 460. Drove fine one day, nothing the next. Turns out we were not getting the lip signal from the distributor. This we fixed by replacing the entire distributor. Its easier and cheaper, i am still having issues getting it back operational. Good luck. 20 bucks at AutoZone for a plain distributor, wish noe i would bave sprung for the more expensive one, as i believe thst my new one may be bad also. Isbthe tfi module on yours mounted on the dizzy or remotely?
Thanks very much for the reply. The module is not on the distributor nor on the drivers side fender. Searched all over and just wondering if it supposed to have one. Do you know how many wires go to the module? Might try that approach.

Thanks again
daviejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
LarkenM
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviejj View Post
Thanks very much for the reply. The module is not on the distributor nor on the drivers side fender. Searched all over and just wondering if it supposed to have one. Do you know how many wires go to the module? Might try that approach.

Thanks again
Here is e AllDataDIY graphic for my year and model. Should look something like that.Good luck. Between AllDataDIY and this site, 8 haven't come across too manproblems i could notFigure out.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Look at rhis.gif (31.9 KB, 3 views)
LarkenM is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series