Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 04:42 AM   #31
corrrado
AF Regular

Smile Re: TWR Rover - 1986 Group A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccario View Post
Thanks 360spider, l have already glued the doors shut to get the correct alignment but agree the gaps do look a bit large. I am not sure of the best method to use to try and fill them. I have used car body filler for the rest of the model but I'm worried that it will break up when l try and re-scribe the panel lines, also worried if l add more primer that l will start to lose details.

Any good ideas gratefully received!

Cheers

Hi Viccario, really great build, I really like the car and what you made out of it! For the door panels, may I suggest a simple and sure method, mix some super glue with talcum (you can adjust the thickness of it by just adding more talcum). This becomes a white paste which you can put into the door lines. It dries very fast and very easy to shape and sand. The advantage of this method that it is based on super glue and surely stays in the smallest holes unlike other fillers. I recommend you should test it before using it on your Rover.
corrrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #32
Viccario
AF Enthusiast

Re: TWR Rover - 1986 Group A

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrrado View Post
Hi Viccario, really great build, I really like the car and what you made out of it! For the door panels, may I suggest a simple and sure method, mix some super glue with talcum (you can adjust the thickness of it by just adding more talcum). This becomes a white paste which you can put into the door lines. It dries very fast and very easy to shape and sand. The advantage of this method that it is based on super glue and surely stays in the smallest holes unlike other fillers. I recommend you should test it before using it on your Rover.
Thanks for the help Corrado, will definitely give that a go and make sure I test on something else first. Not sure where to get the talcum from though or could I use any type of perfumed talcum powder that is available from a chemist type shop?

Cheers
Old 05-10-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
corrrado
AF Regular

I use the cheapest ordinary baby talcum, you can get in any grocery store at the baby section. If not, try pharmacy
Old 05-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #34
Viccario
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I use the cheapest ordinary baby talcum, you can get in any grocery store at the baby section. If not, try pharmacy
Ok great, thanks for the quick reply! Will go to the pharmacy at the weekend and give it a try!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #35
corrrado
AF Regular

You are welcome Viccario. The other good thing with the superglue/tacum filler that it stays relatively soft and white, so you can easyly rescribe the doorpanel and don't have to reprimer the body. Believe me, it is really easy, once you'll try this method, you'll always use it for small fillings and repairs.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #36
Viccario
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You are welcome Viccario. The other good thing with the superglue/tacum filler that it stays relatively soft and white, so you can easyly rescribe the doorpanel and don't have to reprimer the body. Believe me, it is really easy, once you'll try this method, you'll always use it for small fillings and repairs.
Brilliant, sounds ideal!
Old 05-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #37
corrrado
AF Regular

Hello Viccario, I am just using this superglue/talcum method on one of my model. I made some photos to explain the process. It is very easy and fast process, mix a small amount of superglue with talcum, apply with a toothpick, wait two three minutes until it is dried, cut the excess with an X-acto and sand it. The superglue is guaranteed to stick to the surface better than any kind of filler. I really recommend it since I don't know a faster and more efficient way of filling small areas!

Old 05-11-2019, 03:03 AM   #38
Viccario
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Hello Viccario, I am just using this superglue/talcum method on one of my model. I made some photos to explain the process. It is very easy and fast process, mix a small amount of superglue with talcum, apply with a toothpick, wait two three minutes until it is dried, cut the excess with an X-acto and sand it. The superglue is guaranteed to stick to the surface better than any kind of filler. I really recommend it since I don't know a faster and more efficient way of filling small areas!

Excellent, thanks Corrado!
Old 06-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #39
Viccario
AF Enthusiast

Took on board the comments about the panel lines and have had a go at filling them using Corrado's super glue mixed with talc method, thanks for the tip Corrado. Was a bit fraught but worth the effort as it looks better than before I think.

Last edited by Viccario; 06-15-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Viccario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #40
corrrado
AF Regular

Looks really great Viccario! I am glad that you had the confidence and this superglue/talc method worked well for you! The result shows it well.

For sure, we are here to help and learn from each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to corrrado For This Useful Post:
Viccario (06-15-2019)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports