Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #31
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

Technically the RX8 holds the Chassis code of FE3S I looked at a few and read the VINs..... I could be off on it but not likely. My ex-boss had 3 RXs, 2 FDs and a RX8. I am a HUGE fan of the FC but I would settle for a cheap FD too..... But it would have to be a manual as much as I hate it the AT version of the 13Bs were ungoddly slow.

My problem with them is at this current time many people are asking WAY too much for them, like this guy here in a Mooresville, selling his RX7 TT for 16k! Sorry I could go a scrap yard and find a FD chassis in decent shape and build one for half that. But on the other hand the FC still hasnt caught on and many people arent asking for too much for them yet... but my oppinion they are still asking too much for a car thats almost 15 years old.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:22 PM   #32
pnoiSR20
AF Enthusiast

Man, Redneck........i fucken love ur car man.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #33
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

You should come out and see it, maybe even be able to squeeze a ride in it.

PM if interested.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 PM   #34
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Mr. RedNeck383, I'll be in you neck of the woods some time (not sure) in the spring, to run my old dragster (which is in a museum) against my street Zed. My rail was retired in 1958 and was a 10 second rail, and my street Zed runs in the very low 10's or high 9's. Should be a good race, Chevy against a Zed.

As for you and me getting togather, do you really think So.Cal is ready to handle the likes of us at the same time? You realize if we pull this off you'll have to setup a few people for me to run with my 450Zed. I want to make sure I leave the mark of Z Force on them. I perfer Vette's, Mustangs, Camero's and maybe a Viper or a 911 Turbo. Really pisses them off to get smoked by a rice grinder. If you really want to piss them off, wheel me up in a wheelchair and have a couple of your friends help me into the car, and when they see a old man that can't even walk, it well add insult to injury.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #35
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Oh, I think we can work something up...

We can, cruise together through Newport and pick races with such Porsches and Vette's and possibly a Maserati or Ferrari.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 PM   #36
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

hey gringo how much was the vh45... thats the motor you put in right

sounds like its a very much worthy upgrade but should change the center panel on the 300ZX to 450ZX, is the vh turbocharged ?
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 04:00 PM   #37
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
the VH is not turbocharged from the factory, but as i presume is easily Twin-turboed...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:29 PM   #38
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

I have found a few VH45s for around 2.5k no wiring harnesess or ECUs but I am sure you can find one for around that with all that if not more.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #39
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Mine has a Whipple supercharger on it, and I got 2 of them for $850 each with bellhousing, wiring harness and computer, and 1 just the engine for $450. All are under 35,000 miles.

Mr. RedNeck383, I'd give my left nut to get a run at a Ferrari or Maserati. Couldn't think of a better way to have fun, unless it was getting to race them heads-up for money.

Mr. HOdo, your not talking about just the engine are you? If you are let me know and I'd be happy to ship as many as you want for 1/2 that and include shipping
Old 01-03-2005, 02:10 AM   #40
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

im dying to see a 300zx beat a supra on the SPEED channel Nopi shows ... my friend bought a street racing dvd called "outlaws" and this black NA z32 comes out and gets its ass wooped ... thats bad publicity for the 300zx come on gringo youve got to get your z32 to about 1500hp and lose some weight and show those over-rated supras that they are supra-slow
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:47 AM   #41
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendertrust
im dying to see a 300zx beat a supra on the SPEED channel Nopi shows ... my friend bought a street racing dvd called "outlaws" and this black NA z32 comes out and gets its ass wooped ... thats bad publicity for the 300zx come on gringo youve got to get your z32 to about 1500hp and lose some weight and show those over-rated supras that they are supra-slow
The only cars to beat me with my Pro Import Modified has been some other 300Zeds adn 2 240Z's. Never been beat by a Supra. Bring'em on. The only problem I'm (or were) having is with the Pro Modified Mustangs and Dodges, thats why I'm (were) going to the VH45 engines. Playing with a more level table. 3.0 just don't cut it with a 5.0+ engine.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)