Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
18sHonda
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 18sHonda
Imported Cars

Im seriously about to kill myself if I dont get a 300zx I hate everything about Honda...now as for me finding one I want a TT 300zx and I really dont want anything else..In texas there is maybe 1 or 2 every 4 months and Ive been waiting for about a year. Now i have heard about importing them from japan. But can someone do a run down on like how that works or even better a site to where they sell Imported cars. Anything will really help and I hope to be a Z owner.

-Mark
Old 12-28-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Re: Imported Cars

Uhhh bro... Importing cars from Japan is not as easy as it would appear, or sound.

My buddy used to work for many companies that imported cars from Japan, and Im telling you from being involved with that... Its not easy.

And it wouldnt be legal to import a JDM Zed. The only way its legal, is if the car is over 25 years old, then you can legally import any car into the states that is that old.

Now if you live in Canada, you can get a 1989 Zed Twin Turbo completely no-hastle... But in the states we have to wait another ten years.

So I wouldnt recomend trying to go through that shit dude... Just stick to the USDM versions, seeming as they have better Horsepower ratings.

So keep it simple with this kind of stuff.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:39 PM   #3
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
i wonder if they got any 240z's over there in Japan in good condition. the ones over here are either kept in mint condition and the owner doesnt want to part with it or sitting in a wrecking yard nearing its complete destruction everyday....
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
E Honda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to E Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18sHonda
Im seriously about to kill myself if I dont get a 300zx I hate everything about Honda...now as for me finding one I want a TT 300zx and I really dont want anything else..In texas there is maybe 1 or 2 every 4 months and Ive been waiting for about a year. Now i have heard about importing them from japan. But can someone do a run down on like how that works or even better a site to where they sell Imported cars. Anything will really help and I hope to be a Z owner.

-Mark
What kinda honda you have?........Seen a 93 in ya profile.......anything done to it?,,,,,,,,This z is for sale......
Old 12-28-2004, 09:43 PM   #5
E Honda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to E Honda
Re: Re: Imported Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Honda
What kinda honda you have?........Seen a 93 in ya profile.......anything done to it?,,,,,,,,This z is for sale......
Nevermind......I see its a 4 door.....
Old 12-28-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
18sHonda
AF Newbie

Yeah its a 4 door but I just got intake 18" Konig SE-10's 2000 dollar stereo system and dynamated basically my whole back car with. Plus i dropped it almost 2 inches. but yeah I wish i could buy urs bud let me know if u want to see what i can figure out.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

18s Honda well the bad news is Zeds right on the money. I am looking to import a 2004 Ford Falcon GP from Aussie land or a Falcon Ute but to get it to US codes it would kill almost 30% of the power and add about 25K to the price tag.... and those were just the estimates by customs. If you are REAL serrious about tring to import a Z32 from Nippon then get ahold of the Port authorities down in Houston and ask for the local customs agent incharge of motor vehicle importation. They will be able to help you further on what can and cant come into the us and how much it would run you roughly to get it here.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:34 PM   #8
18sHonda
AF Newbie

well it looks like im not importing i guess its either my friends 89' 240sx witht he SR20DET or a 300zx but i really want a 300zx
Old 12-29-2004, 12:37 AM   #9
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18sHonda
or a 300zx but i really want a 300zx
huh?!?!?!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:02 AM   #10
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

Well buying an SR powered USDM S-Chassis is much better than trying to go the distance and get a JDM Vehicle.

Your buying a car unseen, your paying up front cash, your paying cash for shipping, exportation fees, de-registration from Japan, Importation fees, Customs compliance, dock fees, and all that headache...

Then when Customs calls you and says "We've got good news sir, your car has just arrived, and you can come with your flatbed anytime" ... Flatbed?

You cant 'drive away' with an imported car, unless of course it meets the 25 year rule. You have to legally have it towed to where ever it is you are going (considering you filled out the proper Race/Show Use Only forms), or have it sent directly to an RI (Registered Importer). If you didnt fill out these correct forms, then the car has to be exported, and the process has to start over, with you filling out the forms from the beginning.

And as for sending a JDM 300ZedX to an RI... There are no RI's that legalize any car other than Skyline, so it would be pointless to import a Zed.

What I've seen some people do though (and I dont condone this... I have just seen this done) is someone will import a body shell (like in this case... RHD Zed) with no powertrain at all, no interior, suspension, etc. And swap all of their USDM components directly in... Including VIN Number.

And now they can easily say they just had a RHD conversion done... Simple, and chances are, they wont get caught.

But the fact is, that is illegal, so I wouldnt recomend it.

Like I said before... Keep it simple. I would say go ahead with that SR Powered S13... Even though it is a little cliche... But still, it would be a fun car.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)