Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Sigsmaster
AF Newbie

Rebuilding 97 Riviera

Hey everyone
I’m ready to have my 97 Buick Riviera rebuilt. I love this car, loved the new style of Riv from the first time I saw/drove it. Its super charged and has 188k on it and it is worn out unfortunately. If you read some of my old posts I have been dealing with a chronic stumble miss for many years with no one able to figure it out. Now that money is no longer a problem I want to get the engine not just running like it was new but better.
I have read some great posts over the years of members building some great cars. And I need advice through the process.
I want this thread to be the process and advice over the next year or two. From a functioning conveyance to a sleeper that will scare the **** out of me.
My plan so far is find a great garage and get the engine done. Then move onto transmission, then suspension and exhaust, then interior and finally exterior.
My first question is what can I expect to pay if the engine including super charger needs to be rebuilt? $1500? $3000?
Tell me what you think of my goals and process. Is 300 hp or maybe more unrealistic? Thanks ahead of time.
Bryan
Sigsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera