Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
spittgirl
AF Newbie

94 Trooper must go ...what do I get instead?

I have loved and adored my 94 Trooper for almost 7 yrs now. Up until about 2 yrs ago I was taking care of the more major maintenance items (such as hose replacements, valve seal replacements, belts, pumps, etc.) as they came. But, finances changed.

So, even though it felt like I was hurting my child, I had to just keep asking it to give, while I did what I could. It has given me way more than I deserve and I love the beast.

Yet, now it needs a new transmission and so my husband (who likes the beast but doesn't ~love~ it) says, "we'll do better with another used car". But, no matter how much I look - I can't seem to find a car that is like Trooper!! However, my husband feels the 5K we have would be better spent on another (newer year/less miles) used vehicle.

What SUV 4X4 vehicle would you recommend? Knowing my affinity to my Trooper.
spittgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
Wolffarmer
AF Newbie

Re: 94 Trooper must go ...what do I get instead?

I think the Mitsubishi Montero might be right up your ally. It looks a bit smaller than the Trooper but I can't think of anything in the Trooper size for your money. If you think even smaller the Suzuki Vitara or Chevy Tracker are fine. I have both and they are my favorites. I am selling one as I now have a Trooper to pull a larger trailer than I can with the Suzukis. The Grand Vitara has a 2.5 litter V6 as does some of the Trackers.

Randy
Wolffarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard