Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
VRDLLC
AF Newbie

1995 Caravan 3.0 Won't Start No Spark

95 van drove home fine, was parked overnight (temps dropped to 10 degrees but never had cold weather issues in the past) and would not start in the morning. Gas was low so I added some gas and heat to have over a quarter tank now. After testing for spark I discovered I DO NOT have the 12vdc to the coil with the key on. Took off negative cable to reset computer. Tried moving steering colum, park & neutral, wiggling key, turning steering wheel, etc.... Changed Automatic Shutdown Relay. Yes it turns over fine and can hear the fuel pump when ignition is turned to on. I am getting codes 12-Batt disconected in last 50 key cycles, 24-Throttle position sensor exceeded 5volts and 32-EGR valve (comes up twice). I can not see where any of these codes would cause a no start/spark condition. Read about some electrical dash issues but everything on my dash appears to be working. I am guessing it may be the ECU or Neutral Start Safety Switch. These don't make any sense though that they would go bad overnight while the van was parked. Where is the Neutral safety switch located (to right of fuse box by brake pedal)? Could I still have a dash issue? Because the gas was low and the temps where low could something of froze up cauzing a fuel pressure problem that would lead to a no spark condition and code 24? Any help or ideas???? Thank You!!!

Last edited by VRDLLC; 01-28-2010 at 01:04 PM.
VRDLLC is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
minivan , voyager
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager