Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 75 84.27%
RSX type S 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 08:57 AM   #16
NetWRX
AF Newbie

I'll let my sig and ava tell you my opinion eh

<h1>WRX</h1>
NetWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 09:33 AM   #17
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
WRX.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:53 AM   #18
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

RSX is nice but WRX all the way man
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:54 AM   #19
rex4ev
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rex4ev
the rsx doesnt even come close to the performance of the wrx. it only costs the same. if you want performance go with the rex, if you want to look like a spoiled kid go for the rsx.
rex4ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:51 AM   #20
Subaru2002
AF Newbie

Sad thing is... an old ( i mean old) 1990 Subaru Legacy only front -wheel drive and about hum? 150 hp. blew a RSX . It was a sad moment in time when the snot pulled up beside me at the red light, reved the engine, and attempted to blow me away. HA!!! Now just to fill you in on the info. I bought the car from an old lady about a year ago w/ 25,000 miles on it. Put an intake and exaust on it and still I'm hurting every honda and acura that oulls up beside me. Back to the story... I figured he wasn't giving it his all b/c he didn't know what he was up against. When I hit the highway he followed ands got hurt again!!!
Subaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #21
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
what motor was in the legacy? thats funny!
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:03 AM   #22
Subaru2002
AF Newbie

It's a fully factory motor. A 2.2 Litre I do belive. There's a big diffrence between a Subaru motor and any other motors out there. For one thing it's (as i explain it) A V-4. Every car I have driven sucked compared to a Suby.
Subaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:50 PM   #23
SClass
AF Newbie

A V4, huh?

The fours in Subies are flat fours or boxers, not V's.

The last thing anyone should do is tout and spout about their car but then make such big errors regarding the technical facts about it.

Just a short time on this board tonite and I just learned from some wise guys that my 1995 Eclipse GSX had a twin turbo I4! NOT!!

Geez...
SClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:02 AM   #24
beaker
AF Newbie

So I've been thinking of getting a WRX fer a little while now...and for the hell of it I test drove the RSX last weekend. For starters, I think the interior is nicer and made of better material. But a significant trade off is the limited rear seat room. Exterior wise I think the RSX makes for a slightly better looking car off the showroom floor as compared to the WRX...but I've been trolling some of the picts in this forum and have seen how good looking the WRX can be with some aftermarket items added...so this is about a wash. Now down to the performance. When we left the lot the sales guy was bragging about the RSX's performance (type S of course). And as he's explaining this to me he winding it out through first, second, and third as we're going down a side street. Now here's where my mind was immediately made up that the RSX wasn't for me. He took it to redline in third (8k) and as soon as we tached 7k...the whole front end of the car (dash, seats, everything) suddenly went into this massive buzz!!!! The vibration from 7k to 8k seemed unbearable...let alone the noise. Now just to set the playing field, I'm a huge car guy and have always lived with compomises for the sake of performance (stiff suspension, loud exhaust, etc.), but this insane amount of noise and vibration was a bit too much for me...especially when I know that I'd be taching it all the time. That was the other difficult thing to do, for when I drove it...it was hard to get yourself to keep from shifting at say 6.5k or so. On a good note though, if you keep it at 6.5k, it simply flies and handles very good in my opinion (for a car off the lot w/out aftermarket springs/shocks). I hit a sweeping on-ramp for a quick jaunt on the freeway and was doing 100 by the time I merged onto the freeway. Perhaps not the smartest but hey, I figured I'd flog it while I could. That said, I'm going back this weekend to test drive the scooby and go from there.

TR
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:20 AM   #25
Super Spec V
AF Enthusiast

re

Once you test drive a scooby...you'll nver turn to anything else.

Oh and it will smoke an RSX Type s.

PEACE
Old 09-24-2002, 12:59 AM   #26
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Ok...from the start....I like BOTH cars....just sayin what I'm thinkin as I read this stuff....

Alright.....off the line, a wrx would smack around 'bout anything....including the rsx....we know that...due largely to AWD and low gearing. But what about top speed? I can't imagine the wrx being too hot in the "on-the-freeway-mash-it-to-the-floor" category since it is geared low for more 0-60 balls. I heard they 'bout fall on their face above 110. I'd like to know the top speed of both of these cars...I'm not sure of either.

Looks....in my book, forget it...rsx, baby. Say what you will. The wrx looks more like a family car then a down to business sports car. (Not saying it's NOT down to business or anything, so don't jump my damned case...) The rsx looks wicked. OEM Body kit and some lowering springs....even leave the stock rims and it looks so good. I personally don't care for the way the wrx looks.

Traction....*I* think sports cars are most fun when they're RWD. I know you can launch better with AWD but it's so fun to oversteer with RWD...I don't think it's even POSSIBLE to do that with AWD. FWD is just no fun at all....can't even do doughnuts. So, they both lose points in that category in my book.

I do really like both cars and I'd love to drive them. My final verdict....GET A Z32TT....pick a nice 5speed up for 15G and spend the rest that you would have on either of the above on aftermarket stuff. Then they can BOTH wave bye bye.
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #27
rsx type j
AF Newbie

You are all MORONS

WRX SUX! I happen to own a rsx type s, stock, and sure a wrx will beat it in the 1/4 and off the line. But if any of you think you got it on the highway bring it, and like the wrx With INTAKE AND EXHAUST that I raced on the highway with my STOCK type s, You will lose, not by much, I admit it was close, but you will lose PERIOD. Besides whoever said the RSX is ugly must be blind, IT IS WAAAAY better looking than the WRX, and for less cost, You get leathers, sunroof, nicer rims, and more girls looking at you, people who brag about their wrx...Come see me on the Highway, especially in a few months when the turbo is in, JUST BE REASONABLE, YOU ARE COMPARING A subaru to an ACURA.......case closed
rsx type j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #28
rsx type j
AF Newbie

You are all MORONS

WRX SUX! I happen to own a rsx type s, stock, and sure a wrx will beat it in the 1/4 and off the line. But if any of you think you got it on the highway bring it, and like the wrx With INTAKE AND EXHAUST that I raced on the highway with my STOCK type s, You will lose, not by much, I admit it was close, but you will lose PERIOD. Besides whoever said the RSX is ugly must be blind, IT IS WAAAAY better looking than the WRX, and for less cost, You get leathers, sunroof, nicer rims, and more girls looking at you, people who brag about their wrx...Come see me on the Highway, especially in a few months when the turbo is in, JUST BE REASONABLE, YOU ARE COMPARING A subaru to an ACURA.......case closed:finger
rsx type j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 01:03 AM   #29
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: You are all MORONS

Quote:
Originally posted by rsx type j
WRX SUX! I happen to own a rsx type s, stock, and sure a wrx will beat it in the 1/4 and off the line. But if any of you think you got it on the highway bring it, and like the wrx With INTAKE AND EXHAUST that I raced on the highway with my STOCK type s, You will lose, not by much, I admit it was close, but you will lose PERIOD. Besides whoever said the RSX is ugly must be blind, IT IS WAAAAY better looking than the WRX, and for less cost, You get leathers, sunroof, nicer rims, and more girls looking at you, people who brag about their wrx...Come see me on the Highway, especially in a few months when the turbo is in, JUST BE REASONABLE, YOU ARE COMPARING A subaru to an ACURA.......case closed:finger
you say "come see me on the highway", youre scared to race one at low speeds? or is it cuz you KNOW it will whoop your ass at low speeds? and put a $100 boost controller on a wrx, and it will waste you on the highway too. hell if you lived close to me, id race you on the highway, and my car isnt even a wrx. guess what-youd lose, and i still have less in my car than an rsx type s costs stock.

and yeah the rsx is ugly, neither the wrx or rsx are gonna win a beauty contest stock, but the wrx still looks a lot better. leather seats suck ass, although i do admit i wouldnt mind a sunroof. "more girls looking at you"? please, maybe you should tell that to the girls who always wave, compliment, and flash me in my car. and since ive got a wagon, ive got room to carry 'em (among other things ) when theyre done looking.

yes, were comparing a subaru to an acura, if you think having an acura is any better than a subaru, your dumb. most people think of an acura as a cheap ass econo car, just as they think of a subaru.

oh yeah, you talk about us all being morons, but you talk about turboing youre high compression high rpm 4 cylinder. yeah thats smart. okay after youve spent the $8000-$10000 its gonna take to push a respectable 10 psi, go find a wrx with only $3000 in it, it will still waste you, yes even on the highway. low compression + a factory turbo motor = cheap easy power.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:31 PM   #30
Tsui
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Tsui Send a message via AIM to Tsui Send a message via MSN to Tsui
wth.

Quote:
Originally posted by rsx type j
1. Leathers are not race-friendly, especially in the twisties. You slide around unless you want smack in some 5 points. A "safety" hazard.

2. Adding to what Idelaysionl said. By the time you "turbo-it", we'll be able to stick in VF34s and a FMIC by that price range you spent on "turbo-ing" that 11:1 compared to the 8.0:1 on the WRX.

3. Any fool can take it on the highway or paved road, let see you take it on the gravel, dirt, and some twisties. Yes anyone can go fast in a straight line.

4. i-VTEC kicks in around 6000 rpm, redline on RSX is 7900, its peak 200 HP is @ 7400 rpm. It is not really practical to drive you car winding out every gear all the time, keeping the RPMs up there. Where the WRX turbo shanks in at around 3000.

5. Torque: You can't live without it.

6. Street racing is just plain dumb. If you want to endanger lives of innocent bystanders or motorists, start by jumping off a cliff.

(cool down)

And to the person who started this thread, try getting answers from some RSX forum, as most of the answers here can be somewhat biased (even myself ).

Eh, need to vent, sorry :sun:

-T

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons