Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
gam101
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to gam101 Send a message via AIM to gam101 Send a message via Yahoo to gam101
Exclamation Need help with Magnum 5.7 Hemi's OBD codes

Greetings folks!,

Posting here to get some input on my struggle with my 2007 Magnum SRT8 5.7 Hemi (the beast). Please help if you have any idea.

Following is the narrative of the Beast;

About 3 weeks are so ago I had all the sensors swapped on my beast (had other priority suspension & exhaust work), but for some reason she did not like that O2 sensor swap.

The O2 sensors were ordered from RockAuto & when I got them, all 4 sensors were not identical. 2 were same, however the other 2 were different. So total of 3 different brands of sensors.

Now, I am occasionally experiencing engine stutter on the 1st gear & then the engine light starts to blink. The quick solution I have found is to pull-over, turn off & restart the engine & then drive off. Although, this does not always work.

I got myself a wifi based OBD2 reader, downloaded DashCommand & Car Doctor apps on my phone to see what the codes (P0300, P0001, P0520, P0132, P0138) were & the attached are screenshots. I am going to post O2 voltage screenshots too from Car Doctor.

For now, please let me know if anything comes to mind on what could be the issue.

I don't want to run to the mechanic yet because I have a feeling he will just swap parts (ignition coils, injectors) out that may not resolve the underlying issue. I have already had the 16 plugs swapped too.

Thank you, again.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_4857.PNG (79.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png IMG_4858.PNG (82.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png IMG_4859.PNG (92.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png IMG_4860.PNG (75.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png IMG_4861.PNG (69.6 KB, 1 views)
gam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need help with Magnum 5.7 Hemi's OBD codes

A lot of O2 sensor codes are caused by air leaks and a catalytic converter plugging up. google for catalytic converter checking U-tube videos. http://www.rockauto.com/ Their converter company used to have a video on checking.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8