Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Verona
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
occupant
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to occupant Send a message via AIM to occupant Send a message via Yahoo to occupant
Tell me about your car

I have a friend in Canada who drives a Chevrolet Epica which is a badge-engineered version of the Suzuki Verona. He loves his car and I'm curious to know if other owners are as happy with their Epicas/Veronas as he is.

I did a quick search on a classifieds site and found several Veronas priced under book value for sale near me. According to Edmunds, the retail value of a 2004 Verona LX with 40K miles is about $10,800 yet there are several for $8000-$9000. I think the car might be a good value if they are as reliable as my friend says his is.

I know it's a rebadged Daewoo to begin with, and it has an inline 2.7L straight six, 4-speed automatic, 5-passenger seating, and it's supposed to be pretty well-equipped.

Input?
occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: Tell me about your car

Well-equipped, yes. Cheap, yes. Reliable, hard to say, because they didn't sell anywhere near Suzuki's expectations, so there aren't many out there. That's why Suzuki quit making them for the US already. The straight six is extremely underpowered, and gas mileage is quite poor. From the few we see come through here, problems have been minor. Usually oxygen sensors or brake light switches. But my Suzuki rep has told me horror stories of some other common problems. Such as bad cylinder heads, junk transmissions. All major. We have had a few with some really crazy wiring problems as well. All caused by poor assembly (wires cut where they were routed wrong and got frayed on sheet metal corners, etc.). Personally, from working at a Suzuki dealer, I wouldn't buy one.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
gtsfirefighter
AF Newbie

I own a 2005 Verona. It's my wife's daily driver. We've had some problems but the dealership has fixed them all. Most recently had to have the right front strut and strut mount replaced. The car is out of bumper to bumper but the dealership took care of it. I've had the transmission and engine ecu re-flashed because of a TSB. Honestly, the car is the smoothest running car I have ever driven. It also has a very nice ride. We drove from Tx to CA with no problems averaging 28-32 mpg. I know there are a lot of people whe have had issues but I am still happy with it.
gtsfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
quincyguy
AF Regular

Question Re: Tell me about your car

A nearby dealer has taken on the Suzuki line.
I saw a clean station wagon on the front line as I zipped past; looked like
an Elantra or mid-90's Camry wagon, sort of... I liked the look of it.
B4 I show up there for the "Pitch", what's the general verdict of these things.
I'm surprised to learn here they're Daewoos. We had a local Daewoo dealer go down five years ago.
Appreciate all inputs.
Thanks
quincyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
gtsfirefighter
AF Newbie

What do you want the verdict on, the Hyundai, Toyota or Verona. If it's the Verona, I'll have to give it a neutral opinion. We traded ours in to get a Grand Vitara. I loved the Verona and it was the smoothest running, riding car I evered owned. But, they have issues. Go to the Edmunds car forums and read what some people have to say about them. Everybody loved them but alot of people had some severe issues. Our only issue was the suspension, which the dealer fixed. Resale and trade in value suck due to the problems and it's been discontinued. I might pick one up for a work driver in a couple of years when they are really cheap.
gtsfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Verona