Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > M3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
carviewz
AF Newbie

Double Trouble BMW M Series M235i Coupe

The M235i bears the famous letter from the legendary tuning arm on its boot lid and backs that up with enough “oomph” to outrun older generation M3s. Making the deal even sweeter, it’s in the same price range as the VW Golf R and Audi S3 and significantly cheaper than the A45 AMG, offering similar pace but with a proper rear-wheel drive in a two-door coupe shell.

A direct replacement for the 135i Coupe, which packed the same turbocharged straight six in a rear-wheel driven two-door coupe body and a 5.3 second zero to hundred timing, the new model get’s a name change simply because of BMW’s new naming system states that odd numbers are reserved for four doors whilst even numbers for coupes and convertibles.

Just like the new M3/M4, the M235i gets similar body treatment with styling cues such as sharp muscular bumpers to emphasize increased width and presence, albeit a little more subtle. To top it off, the car gets silver-mirror caps, a small boot lid spoiler and 18-inch alloys to differentiate it from the garden variety.

At the heart of the M235i is a highly tuned 326bhp straight six with a twin-scroll turbocharger that’s paired to a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission. Right out of the box, the M235i’s suspension is way stiffer than the M135i, stopping that amount of horsepower requires massive four-piston calipers up front and two piston ones behind, both of which have been painted signature M blue.

Categorised as an M Performance model (like the M550d), the M235i is not a full-fledged M car, though it’s the flagship model until the M2 that has yet to be confirmed, arrives. In the flesh, the M235i is a lot more proportionate than the 1 Series coupe it replaces, and despite the size increase, BMW claims that both the old 1 Series coupe and the new M235i weigh the same – 1,455kg. The new Coupe weighs only 15kg more than the current M135i hatch that’s 7 ponies lesser too. 0-100 timing for the M235i is a blazing 4.8 seconds.

But regardless of what it’s called, the sure-win formula of a two-door rear-wheel driven BMW coupe is sure to delight even the most jaded of drivers. Jump into the driver’s seat and you will be surprised just how quickly you can adjust the supportive yet comfortable sport seats and M Sport steering wheel into a low and snug driving position that feels just right. Fire up the start button and listen to the 3.0-litre forced induced six-cylinder engine roar to life and settle into a deep bassy idle.

continue read this article at http://carviewz.com/double-trouble-b...s-m235i-coupe/
carviewz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > M3