Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #31
xphoenixx823
AF Newbie

Re: Best Sleeper In STOCK Form

Eclipse GTX
AWD car that is usually FWD

and mini cooper S
xphoenixx823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
outapsyt
AF Newbie

volvo v70R
awd turbo wagon!
you can fold down the back seats and turn it into a sleeper too!
outapsyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to outapsyt For This Useful Post:
BUANA (09-12-2011)
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #33
akboss
AF Regular

Toyota Avalon. No kidding! With the 3.5L in the 2006+ models, that beige whale in the next lane can out-pace an Infiniti G35 or a BMW 328i to 60 mph - a tick over 6 seconds in the big Toyota.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #34
Neilsweaky
AF Newbie

I don't consider luxury or premium sedans as sleepers, but the chrysler 300c is
an awesome looking gentlemans car, and also has a 5.7 360hp and 6.1 420hp V8 Hemi
Neilsweaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #35
slickdrake
AF Newbie

as a sleeping racer goes im not telling you what kind of car I got but I will tell you what im affraid of newer Buick GNX or even a 2000 - 2005 eclipse ohc v6 / 3.0L 181 cu. in 200-205hp | 205 torq even that being said anyone can take a basic car shell drop it on something else but the rumbling of the outer shell and the Hoosier tires are a dead give away then lastly is a Toyota Supra which everyone knows about. some rules or guide lines so to speak to follow, v4 fwd are very sluggish even at high rpm because of the body/drag to get a stock sleeper... isnt a sleeper its just a car, putting things in the car to out perform most of the other stock cars are called sleepers meaning they sleep or seem naturally stock but the tire spinning and front wheels being lifted up off the ground once that pedal gets hit is the whole difference between a basic car and a sleeper. v6's are nice or even a v6 fwd built switched for a rwd with a bi-turbo (hidden) is a nice solution to most problems, that with some inner'ds being upgraded without making the car sound to bad or even putting silencer mufflers to further reduce the cars sound is a nice addition. further more get a list of all the v6 and v8 cars, do some research and try to find out how to build something up to look completly different. (its all about how creative you can be and what people you hang around) *just remember not to go showing off you will get noticed fairly quickly unless your not gonna hustle* if you dont have much safety gear and you pass the finish line upside down and end up in the hospital with out a limb does that mean you won or lost, just something to think about.
slickdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #36
knightjp
AF Regular

I would suggest the Holden VXR8, but frankly its looks give it away.
My idea of what is asked here is what car would give a much faster car a good run for its money in stock form. It should be a car that is completely conventional looking and when compared with a sports car. It should look like a car that is slow and normal, yet when given some stick, can smoke a tuned car.
My best guess would be the Alfa Romeo 159. But then again, it looks like a performance motor.
To be honest, I think the best would always be a Ford Crown Victoria. I looks completely conventional, large and heavy that you'd hardly expect much performance from it. But then again those who watch alot of action shows know that the cops won't use anything that is slow for a high speed chase...

Looks like this is completely difficult question to answer.
knightjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #37
joeparkour16
AF Newbie

what about a hennessy camaro, they arn't exactly standard but you can buy them pre tuned to techincally stock and they have up to about 1000bhp!
joeparkour16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #38
BUANA
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to BUANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntgauge View Post
debadged m5?
i agree
BUANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #39
BUANA
AF Newbie

You got that right
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #40
BUANA
AF Newbie

Camaro is not so "green" car
Old 07-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #41
jkoe52
AF Newbie

i think a buick lesabre makes a great sleeper as stock it puts out 206hp and the 3800 motor has superchargers that work with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFmsfMgZrA
jkoe52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #42
BlackRain
AF Newbie

I stumbled upon this thread and had to put my .02˘ in. I own a bone stock 2006 Buick Rainier CXL V-8 w/awd. It has the cast iron 5.3 with aluminum heads. Probably makes around 300 hp on a cool day. It's not "quick" but I figure anthing with a small block Chevy and all wheel drive must be at least "capable". It leaves a redlight pretty hard. The awd works well and has for two years now. I don't beat the crap out of it but I won't pass up the chance to pick on anything at a redlight. At 150k miles it runs smooth and quiet. It might blow up tomorrow but I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a "sleeper". This thing looks about as threatening as a Tugboat til the light changes and it chirps all fout tires and disappears. Like I said, it isn't "quick" but it's certaily surprising from 0-100.
You could buy one of these for cheap and add boost. You could get a good summer of play out of the stock engine before you killed it at 9lbs of boost or less.
So there ya go. Pick up one of these for $4k, add $1500.00 for a cheap turbo kit, about another $3500.00 on misc stuff like four drag radials, a tune, and maybe upgrade the fuel pump and injectors, and you'd have a serious saturday night special. Hell, gut the thing out and get the weight down and you'd have a monster on your hands. Well...until the drivetrain goes off like a big grenade but you didn't ask about longevity. I've been driving it for two years and it's not dead yet so it really must be fairly tough.
BlackRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #43
knightjp
AF Regular

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons