Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
knightjp
AF Regular

Delorean vs Mercedes SLS

Of course the Mercedes SLS is a newer car and the Delorean is well, a marmite car; people either love it or hate it.
If not for the Back To The Future trilogy, no one would even remember the Delorean.

Now for a long time my dream car was the Delorean from BTTF.
I thought of getting one and putting a V8 into it and boosters on the back. But the thing is the Delorean looks a bit dated now; even with the BTTF mods.
Its a classic, but say you wanna take your GF out. Showing up to a fancy hotel or restaurant with something like that isn’t gonna make for a good impression. Or am I wrong.

I need something that won't look too dated, 20 years from now.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
tbergted
AF Newbie

Re: Delorean vs Mercedes SLS

The Delorean has never been my cup of tea, but I understand the collectability of it. Poor performance and not much visual appeal for my taste. A great and mostly overlooked high performance luxury car that you can buy on a reasonable budget is Jaguar's discontinued X150 XK or XKR. The 5.0L XKR can be had with nearly 600hp, is supercharged (so no turbolag), is luxurious, handles better and looks better the BMW 6 series or Mercedes similar offering. These cars are quite reliable as well. But the best part is that they have depreciated so much that they are priced like economy cars. I have both an X100 and an X150 XKR, and I have over 170,000 miles on my X100 and 150,000 on my X150 XKR, and I still take it to the track on occasion. Nice examples of the 5.0L cars are available in the mid $20K range now. The 4.2L cars are in the teens.
tbergted is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons