Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
swingline
AF Newbie

Re: Chevy vs Ford: What do you like better and why?

Grew up a Chevy fan, very disappointed with 90's and early 21st century GM. Disgusted with the bailout.

I commend Ford for not filing for bankrupcy.

That being said and after working on cars for so long, Ford does some of the dumbest shit. I would rather work on Chevy's overall, but they do some dumb shit as well, just not as consistently as Ford.

So, in conclusion, all makes have strong points and weak points. I have never owned a Ford and I do not plan to. I drive an Olds. If I were shopping for a new ride would probably buy a Buick.
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
dizzle1
AF Regular

I didn't like how all rwd cars turned to front wheel drives, I noticed the change from the 80's to 90's and hated it. Cars stopped looking classy from all makes only luxury car manufacturers did it right.

G.M had too many company’s and they made cuts but Buick is still around with its very limited line up and Oldsmobile had some good cars to redesign for the next generations but G.M was cheap and lazy on its platforms which were shared with other brands so Oldsmobile couldn't do anything. And the old platforms were still going on other brands after Oldsmobile’s demise. Pontiacs had no direction their cars looked like junk except for the G8 but still didn’t care for Pontiac. Chevy claims they’ll make a 2014 Chevy SS which shares platforms with the Pontiac G8 but it looks like they just stretched a 2007 Malibu onto a G8 body, it looks so cheap and awful makes me want a G8 GT even more.

G.M will probably cut GMC since they are almost identical to the Chevy truck/suv/van models or Buick because they’re cars in its class and price range that offer much more, they must be aiming for seniors who can't afford Cadillac’s. I don't see any new G.M brands yet.

Ford has some good cars but all they have left is Lincoln a senior car brand and Lincolns suck they have no rwd based performance cars.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
jenagrey8585
AF Newbie

The GM pickups are all new and based on the GMT 900 architecture it shares with the new Tahoe and Yukon. The frame is said to be 234 percent stiffer torsionally and 62 percent better in bending. Engines range from the venerable 195-horse 4.3-liter V6 on up to a 400-horsepower, 6.2-liter V8 on the Sierra Denali. Most will come with the 315-horsepower 5.3-liter V8 with Active Fuel Management, which has an estimated highway mileage of 20 mpg. All engines will be paired to a four speed automatic or a six-speed auto in the case of the Sierra Denali. Top dog models can tow 10,500 lbs.—a staggering weight for a light duty pickup. Stabilitrak comes standard on crew cab models and is optional throughout the range. The interiors are much improved and on some models include a massive 6.1-liter storage console. Expect to see the new Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra in dealerships this winter.

The new F-150 is essentially a carryover. But Ford made sure to tell us that the F-150 now has a towing capacity of up to 10,500-lbs. Yep, just like the Chevy and GMC. New models this year include a 2WD FX2 sport model and a Harley Davidson SuperCrew model. Ford also says it will lower prices on ’07 F-150s by up to $1400 on some trucks. Will that be enough to keep the all-new Chevy and GMC from stealing the F-150s thunder this year? Only time will tell.
jenagrey8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #19
Ford FE man 33
AF Newbie

I'm more of a ford guy but I only really talk about trucks made before 1994. Until then the three American company's all made great trucks. After that fact I would have to say they all suck with the worst being dodge. The chevy 350 and ford 351w are amazing engines. I love Chevy and dodge too but I like fords look, variety and reliability(no matter what anyone says)
Ford FE man 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #20
jaetech559
AF Newbie

I'm a Chevy fan but not impressed with either side when it comes to anything after 08. Although gm as far as GMC Chevy and Buick are making adjustments to their designs to make them better Cadillac is just a bust. Ever new ford I've seen have just as many problems but ford doesn't dish out near as much to fix what they mess up on.
jaetech559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #21
knightjp
AF Regular

Was always a Ford guy myself.. I like Chevy. Chevy trucks were always amazing, but their cars always needed something. I must say that the new Chevy cars are pretty tight. I like the new Impala. It is good and the Volt is pretty nice too. But that is about it.
From Ford, the Ford Focus and Fiesta are well sorted platforms. Fiesta in any guise is a very good car in terms of handling. From the Trucks, nothing to beat the Ford is really great but I didn't like the interior of the previous generation.
So in between the two, I would choose Ford.

When I was in the market for a new car though, I went in for a Ram 1500. At the time it was the one with the truck with the best interior (from the trucks) and it was MotorTrend's Truck of the Year.