Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
KnightHawk63
AF Newbie

What to get?

Hello AF members! First post here. Right, long story short: my 02 Mustang GT recently got totaled last month. I loved that car, black, 5spd, 3:90 rear, CAI, tune, under drive pulleys, short throw shifter, I think that was it besides exterior and interior aesthetics. Quick from a stop, very quick 0-60 due to steep gearing. Now here's the question: I'm getting 7.1k from insurance, only looking to spend 5k on a car and save the rest for parts, servicing, other bills. I'm switching it up completely and looking into imports mostly. Focusing on 4 bangers and v6s, preferably stock with turbo setups. Year range 2k-up. I know nothing would be able to roll with the mustang I had unless it gets modified (I'm looking to lightly modify with bolt ons and tune). Which cars would be a great modification base that responds well to inexpensive bolt ons and there's a large after market? To put things into perspective: my eyes are on Acura RSX's, Eclipse GT (2nd gen), VW Golf GTI 1.8T, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Honda Civic SI, also a domestic (Ford Focus ZX3) what am I missing? I know I'm looking for decent gas mileage (ANYTHING would be better than the mustang), fun to drive, good get up and go, good looks, good features (like sunroof). This isn't a typical comparison request since this is a feeler, but I had no idea where else to put this. I appreciate any answers! Also the car must be easy to find, no trims that are near impossible to acquire.

PS: I just read the import vs.domestic thread so I apologize for referencing those terms for the cars I was talking about. I have no preference to either, it's just that since I live in the States that's how we categorize. Please don't lock my thread haha
KnightHawk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: What to get?

Interesting good cars of the type you're looking for that you can get in your price range:
Ford SVT Focus
Mazdaspeed Protege
Dodge SRT4 Neon (almost as fast as your Mustang)
'99+ Toyota Celica GTS

I would recommend against the Eclipse, they aren't very well built cars and they have all been beaten on.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #3
knightjp
AF Regular

Re: What to get?

I'm just curious. What car did you end up with?

If you were able to get the money and keep the mustang, you could've used it for parts. Get the shell of another car that needs an engine and build one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons