Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
Blackhaven
AF Newbie

Question Timing & HP Inatke & HP

From what I've heard, over advancing your timing can increase up to 10HP (pretty nice considering its free HP). All I have to do is start using 91-93 Octane gas. Stock setting is 10* BTDC. Some say advance it 13* some say 16* some even say 18* and there are a few that say just advance enough where it doesnt ping (sounds like common sense). Would you all recommend this?

Gas prices are aight here 4 right now but when they DO go up, the stock setting will be set back to 10* with dee quickness

Also I would like to add a suggestion from a member here about intake systems. Since the inlet hose is a bit smaller than it should be, a member said he increased the diameter from 2in. to 4 and it increased noticeable HP (heh noticeable?, may not be much but its free HP ). He said it also made the car sound better (Oldsmobile something). Would you all recommend this?

If not tell me why and give me a listing of CHEAP products that WILL increase HP. There's a nigga down the street who challenged me for a race (93 New Yorker). True enough my car and his are 2 slow a$$ cars he believes he can leave me breathing his exhaust fumes since he has a 3.3L and I have a 3L. I cant help it...true enough its not a SHO.......well it just aint a SHO.
Preciate the response...holla
Blackhaven is offline   Reply With Quote