Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:51 AM   #1
cmu24
AF Newbie

opening tailgate

I have an 02 Range Rover and can't figure out how to open up the whole tailgate. (bought it used and can't find the manual)
cmu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
AndrewP38
AF Newbie

Re: opening tailgate

Hi, (I hope this is a genuine request!)
Unfortunately I do not own a 2002 Range Rover, however you could try this link or go to a local dealer and ask all your questions about a secondhand 2002 range Rover.

http://www.landrovermanuals.com/rangerover2000.html.
I purchased a disc from ebay, which I have just checked and the new Range Rover is mentioned.
To unlock -open the rear tailgate; "with all doors unlocked, press the switch on the bottom edge of the upper tailgate and lift to open". "If single point entry has been operated, and only the driver's door has been unlocked press the tailgate release button" (presumably on the dashboard). "With the upper tailgate open, press the release button on top of the lower tailgate, then lower the tailgate". There is also an emergency upper tailgate release if the battery has become discharged. This involves folding the rear load space cover and levering out a tab, this is then pulled and releases the upper tailgate.

Having skimmed over some of the manual on my CD, I stongly recommend that you visit ebay as the vehicle is complex and the manual suitably informative.
Regards
Andrew

Andrew
AndrewP38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
lahj123
AF Newbie

Hi there... Did you ever find the info you needed? I'm trying to get the tailgate on a 96 range rover to open. The battery won't hold a charge for more than 3 hours and the gate won't open when the car is charged. Do you know if the manual release will work on the 96 model?
Thanks!
lahj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
hotrod213
Banned

is it a mechanical problem or is it just stuck physically?
hotrod213 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque