Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Santa Fe > MY 01-06
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 09:09 AM   #1
foley
AF Newbie

santa fe alarm keeps going off

I have a 2002 hyundai santa fe. The car alarm started going off last winter, constantly. I brought it into the dealer. But they can't fix it and can't get it to alarm to go off. They tried slamming doors, bumping the car. But the alarm didn't go off in the car shop. The problem stopped over the warm weather. This past week the car alarm is going off again several times. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it. Any ideas of suggestions greatly appreciated.
foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
bonanza
AF Newbie

Question Hyundai oil filter

Is it OK to use a quality oil filter from the local auto parts store??It seems some individuals feel the Hyundai oil filter is the only one that should be used. Also, what is the difference in auto trans fluid fron the auto patrs house as compared to the dealer other than price @$4.10 per quart
bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
Burnout524
AF Regular

Re: santa fe alarm keeps going off

Alarm-
Our 2003 Santa Fe had funky alarm problems like that too. The system would randomly arm so that when you would go to exit the vehicle, it would go off and not shut off. After that happened a few times we brought it to the dealer, which they couldn't replicate it...go figure! After a while it eventually stopped and fixed itself.

Oil filter-
It's OK to use quality oil filters from a car parts store, but I'm not sure what that will do for your warintee. I'm 95% sure that in order to keep your warintee valid, you must have all services (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) done by your dealer or a reputable shop. BTW, use the 'New Thread' button to make a new topic.

'99 Olds Intrigue GX
Burnout524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

It's the hoodpin switch going bad. Just unhook it for the time being and then have the dealer replace it.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Most likely it is the hood switch. On my Santa Fe, the alarm would go on and off after setting it. I noticed that it would go off when a vibration was encountered like a truck driving down the road. It seems that the vibration in the earth would vibrate the vehicle just a bit to make the hood pin not make enough contact. I therefore looked at the hood pin and noticed that the pin itself would make a indentation on the rubber bump on the hood. This made the pin not press down enough to make contact and thus made it go off.

The dealer can replace it and I am surprised that they did not realize that was the problem. When that problem happened to me, I did not have time to take it to the dealership so I just screwed in a bolt to the rubber bump to make the hood pin more depressed. It has not gone off prematurely ever since.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:11 AM   #6
mazdatech
AF Enthusiast

besides the hood pin problem i have seen the siren assy. go bad but this complaint happens like when driving down the road or just sitting in frt of your house , must be a internal short in the siren assy. I have replaced a lot of these but i will tell you it was hard to verify the first one after that though i had it licked.

And about the oil filter thing, I do reccomend using a hyundai filter, the factory filter actually has some sort of valve in it that is designed for their cars. aftermarket filters do not have this.
mazdatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #7
mrykowski
AF Newbie

I have a 2011 Santa Fe that is having this issue. And I have troubleshooted the issue with the advise in these posts. And can tell you my problem is not the hood pin. Or the front door pins. I disconnected the pins one by one and still have the same problem. I have found that the temperature is playing a role. With temperatures around 70 degrees. The alarm goes off is I lock the car with the fob. But not if I lock the car from the door. Around 80 degrees the door lock set it off as well. Around 60 degrees. I can lock the car with either the fob or the door with no alarm.
mrykowski is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Santa Fe > MY 01-06