Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
mohitb272
AF Newbie

Rubbing/Grinding noise continues even after changing both front W bearings

Mine is a 2011 Odyssey with 75k miles. Recently, I noticed a whooshing/humming sound which a car mechanic diagnosed to a bad wheel bearing. I had him change that but the noise continued. He suggested a wheel alignment and rotation after which it became more apparent. Hence, I went to another 'trusted' meachanic who diagnosed it to the right side brake caliper and the other front wheel bearing which I got fixed as well, however, the noise still continued again.

I just get the feeling that there is something grinding/rubbing against something which is causing the rubbing / grinding noise (becomes really apparent while applying the brakes but continues when I release the brakes and can hear it clearly at low speeds). What else should I get checked? The grinding noise is bothering me. I know I sound like a moron
mohitb272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Rubbing/Grinding noise continues even after changing both front W bearings

Might not want to hear this, but it could still be a wheel bearing, a rear bearing.

I once chased a noise around my car. Changed left front. Could have swore that's where the noise was, but noise continued. Changed right front. Noise continued. I took my uncle for a ride and he said his thoughts were leaning to the right rear. Changed it, and noise continued. As soon as I jacked up the left rear I spun the wheel and could tell it was the culprit. Changed left rear and noise was gone.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!