Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > Veyron
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
3000GT_Formula_350
Banned

Thumbs up Omg

This car makes me want to give up on making anything less fast...amazing engineering, in about 15 years i'll buy one!
3000GT_Formula_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
993cc Man
AF Regular

Good thinking! By that time it might have hit the showrooms too ....
993cc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

Re: Omg

too bad this car doesnt come to the states.
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #4
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

too bad this car is bad and probably will never appear!..actualy that is a good thing!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
The Big T
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to The Big T
!! NEWS FLASH !!

The veyron is going to be launched I read about it in Top Gear Magazine none to the USA but europe whoohoo

250 mph

1001 BHP

????? Tourque

woah !!!!!

Launch date is expected to be in July 2005

The Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
WTF?

Why would they keep it from the US? a car like that has a crazy big engine, which means crazy bad fuel mileage, and there wont exactly be a big line waiting for it's showroom arrival. I'm sure someone in Europe will buy one, but even the Uber-rich people will resist buying one just because of the huge fuel costs.

so in the US, there might be more demand (or, perhaps, requests) to export it here.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Porsche Carrera
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Porsche Carrera
here's a quote

"Bugatti Veyron
If these pictures are any indication, it looks like the world's most ambitious supercar project is back on the rails. The VW Group's 252mph, 1001bhp W16-engined supercar, the Bugatti Veyron, has been caught out ice-testing by our spies ahead of a promised production date of September 2005. First shown at the Geneva Motorshow in 2002, the Veyron was mooted for production as long ago as 2003. There are, though, other subtle signs that VW is turning up the heat on the Veyron project - it is currently the star of the Vienna Autoshow, running until January 23rd. That's the first time the Veyron has appeared in Austria, a country where those with the means to purchase such a car are presumably numerous. Indeed, with an estimated pricetag of $1,000,000, this is definitely one for the super-rich. So is Volkswagen
going to make a killing? Not likely, because even if it manages to shift all of the rumoured 300 production run, that's unlikely to put much of a dent in the Veyron's massive development costs."

article:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8052
http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...9020_image.jpg
http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...9021_image.jpg

IMO, it's still is one of the best looking car in the history.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #8
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
I think this might just be a stunt to keep the public interested, and not forget about it. If thats not it, then mabey they are actually going to put it into production before the target customers die.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
Slaxl
AF Newbie

You know i am not gonna lie, i mean the Veyron does look like a beauty but come on - 8.0Liter W16 - 4 turbochargers 1001 horses - Why the heck do you need all that machinery? I mean I love my fast cars and im pretty sure its very stable on the road i mean ive heard the Enzo outhandles the Mclaren but my favorite car of all time is the Mclaren and i think for a car to have 8 liters, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos is just completely ridiculous - what happened to engineering?? Its like someone just put ther biggest engine from a warehouse, welded on th emost turbos you can put on an engine - slapped it with the Bugatti name and VOILA! Come on guys im not trying to say 1000 horsepower supras are better but they're V6 engines be cranking out that power why do these Germans need the "there's no replacement for displacement" motto - and why put ridiculous engine sizes in a car like the americans do? Im not bashing American cars just the sports cars like the corvette and viper - i think the viper is a laugh. Plase dont hate me for what i say im just trying to continue the discussion.
Slaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
The Big T
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to The Big T
Re: Re: Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaxl
You know i am not gonna lie, i mean the Veyron does look like a beauty but come on - 8.0Liter W16 - 4 turbochargers 1001 horses - Why the heck do you need all that machinery? I mean I love my fast cars and im pretty sure its very stable on the road i mean ive heard the Enzo outhandles the Mclaren but my favorite car of all time is the Mclaren and i think for a car to have 8 liters, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos is just completely ridiculous - what happened to engineering?? Its like someone just put ther biggest engine from a warehouse, welded on th emost turbos you can put on an engine - slapped it with the Bugatti name and VOILA! Come on guys im not trying to say 1000 horsepower supras are better but they're V6 engines be cranking out that power why do these Germans need the "there's no replacement for displacement" motto - and why put ridiculous engine sizes in a car like the americans do? Im not bashing American cars just the sports cars like the corvette and viper - i think the viper is a laugh. Plase dont hate me for what i say im just trying to continue the discussion.
If a european car manufactorer had 7liters to play with like dodge did i'm sure they would have got a lot more than 475hp out of it!
The Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #11
57JagXKSS
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big T
If a european car manufactorer had 7liters to play with like dodge did i'm sure they would have got a lot more than 475hp out of it!
Perhaps, but the Aston Martin DB9 has a 5.9 V-12 with 450 hp. The current Dodge Viper has 500 hp, not 475 hp.
57JagXKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
stunt

i agree with the whole publicity stund idea. I think they're just trying to keep people interested in the myth that is bugatti. its kind of like the whole Chrylser super car when Chrysler takes its supercar to the track, just to sell a few more PT's.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #13
can-chi-suk
AF Newbie

Question Weight?

Anyone have any idea how much this car weighs?
can-chi-suk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #14
Psychogamer247
AF Newbie

"the car weighs in at about 4,300 pounds (1,950 kg). For comparison, a Dodge Viper weighs about 1,000 pounds (454 kg) less." If you want to learn everything about this amazingly beautiful car check this website out http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bugatti6.htm
Psychogamer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #15
ford gt
AF Newbie

awsome car wish i had one but way to much money for me. it looks small, like there wouldnt be enough head room. oh well if i could aford one i might just buy it for short distances and to be populare in the nighborhood
ford gt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > Veyron