Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Aston Martin > DB Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #16
ell_d
Banned

The 308! God, it makes me cringe just thinking about it.
I had owned 7 other Ferrari's before it, so you would think that they valued my custom, but no. The salesman was nothing but an self obsessed, obnoctious twat! All the info on the car that i recieved from him was incorrect, its only that I know so much about cars, that I was able to correct him!
Still, I put this down to a bad personel experiance, and ordered a red 308 GTS QV, with two tone cream and red seats. I even purchased a private reg, UBU 308 from the same dealer...
So, when the car eventually arived, I got a call to go in and pick it up. It only took me 30 mins to get to the dealership, but in that time, they had spilt break fluid on the passanger seat, and distroyed the leather!
Then, the car didn't start!
So i told them to sort it out, quickly, and call me when it was in an acceptable state.
5 weeks later, they called, and offered to deliver the car to my home. When it arived, the same obnoctious sales man that had sold it to me was driving it. He had taken the liberty of removing the top just so as he could pose in a car he knew he would never afford, and in doing so, droped it, not only damaging the corner of the roof, but gouging a 2 inch strip of paint out of the drivers door down to the metal!
The car went back to Ferrari for another repair! and a total of 2 months after the delivery date, I recieved the car.
5 weeks after that, the carbs started playing up, not giving efficient power delivery and the such like. So it went back AGAIN. 2 weeks later, i was driving it, through the village that I live in, on my way out, and noticed a smell of petrol, and before I knew it, the car was in flames! It turned out that the carb was spitting petrol out, and some of it landed on the manifold, and up it went! That was the end of the 308! So I sued the dealership, and won enough to buy 6 308's, but instead went and bought a Jag. And I haven't looked back since...

PS sorry about the rant, but it boils my blood thiking about that car!
ell_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:24 AM   #17
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO
Re: My DB9 pictures, exclusive !!!

According to the first test drives by the Car and Driver Magazine, 5th Gear, and Jeremy Clarkson this car really DOES live up to the hype...Fantastic news to hear. Jeremy Clarkson's review can be read in http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...076890,00.html

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:43 PM   #18
LovinDB9
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salegosse
This car is one of the most beautifuk i ever saw !! :shock:
Sorry for the pictures, they are not very good, but i'll make better saturday

1024x768 : http://www.supercarfrance.com/DB9-1.htm

I have purchased a new DB9. I was wondering what color was the DB9 in your pictures that you took in the afternoon starting with vdb901 to vdb906. I believe it may be the color I ordered.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
LovinDB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:41 AM   #19
vanquish89
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to vanquish89

some one earlier asked about the vanquish having 520bhp. i do have info on this. it'll be called the vanquish s and as a result of extensive cylinder head work, revised engine management and fuel injection systems as well as other internal engine modifications the power is up by 60bhp to 520bhp and the torque is upto 424lb/ft. this will drop the 50-70mph time by 2seconds. aston martin have not released any other performance figures as of yet. the suspension and brakes of the 'S' build upon that of the £3000 option called the Sports Dynmic Pack which was recently introduced on the options list for the regular Vanquish. Aesthetic changes include modified nose, revised rear styling and new wheel designs. the interior is also being upgraded taking cues from the DB9's interior. this means there will be more leather covering in place of the plastics at present. The Vanquish S will make a surprise appearance next month when the first models will be delivered to favoured customers. Hope this helps. Dan
Old 08-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #20
atticusfinch
AF Regular

Re: Re: My DB9 pictures, exclusive !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish89
some one earlier asked about the vanquish having 520bhp. i do have info on this. it'll be called the vanquish s and as a result of extensive cylinder head work, revised engine management and fuel injection systems as well as other internal engine modifications the power is up by 60bhp to 520bhp and the torque is upto 424lb/ft. this will drop the 50-70mph time by 2seconds. aston martin have not released any other performance figures as of yet. the suspension and brakes of the 'S' build upon that of the £3000 option called the Sports Dynmic Pack which was recently introduced on the options list for the regular Vanquish. Aesthetic changes include modified nose, revised rear styling and new wheel designs. the interior is also being upgraded taking cues from the DB9's interior. this means there will be more leather covering in place of the plastics at present. The Vanquish S will make a surprise appearance next month when the first models will be delivered to favoured customers. Hope this helps. Dan
What you posted is just speculation from an article in EVO magazine which you copied (I read the article too). There has been no official statement issued by Aston Martin yet. There is other information floating about regarding the upgraded Vanquish which gives it an even bigger power boost.
atticusfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #21
vanquish89
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to vanquish89

that was not just speculation from evo. there were no such phrases as ''rumour has it'' or ''it is believed that'' and also i did put alot of it in my owns. does it really matter any way. was just a bit of news from one car fan to another.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #22
atticusfinch
AF Regular

I am sure the information from EVO is right, I would just consider it speculation until I see something official from Aston Martin about it, that's all...

The change is great news for the Vanquish!
atticusfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #23
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

great photos i love the car you take great pictures
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:31 PM   #24
LovinDB9
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My DB9 pictures, exclusive !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish89
When you say the new Vanquish is coming out next month I assume you are not talking USA. This new model is not expected to hit the States until some time in the latter part of 2005 or even 2006. I am not talking about the new upgraded engine which will hit in a few months, but there is a new Vanquish planned to take on more of the DB9 look.

Last edited by LovinDB9; 08-30-2004 at 01:28 AM.
LovinDB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #25
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

Amazing car and the photos are excellent. Well done and thanks for sharing
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM   #26
gtrgib
AF Newbie

DB9 is the 2nd best in terms of design I ever seen, next to 996TT