Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 288 GTO | F40 | F50 | Enzo
288 GTO | F40 | F50 | Enzo Ferrari's greatest super cars.
View Poll Results: Which is faster on a track?
carrera gt 7 17.07%
enzo 34 82.93%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
AF Newbie

Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

Which is faster around a track? Do not use straight line preformance.

Have these two ever raced or timed around the same track?
51004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:48 PM   #2
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

i think "car" magazine has just compared those two cars and from what i remember reading in the shop the enzo is better. Also from what i see of the Top Gear stig the car is harder to drive fast. if the tail gets away from you going tinto a corner you cant get it back. the enzo is more forgiving! Oh if i 4got to mention the enzo won that comparison with the GT 2nd and SLR last!

p.s. on race tracks there are things called straights between corners so you cant ask which is faster round the track without taking into account the straight line speed down the straight!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #3
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

The enzo is a whole level up on the carrera GT. Hp wise forget about its not even worth comparing. weight wise the same.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:05 AM   #4
AF Newbie

Interesting. I always assumed the enzo would be faster since the porsche was a convertable, but I read in the porsche forums that the carrera gt was faster. That is why I asked here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...6&page=2&pp=15

"Who ever said the Carrera GT wont be able to beat the Enzo is sadly mistaken. The Carrera GT posted quicker times than the Enzo at Nurburging. The Enzo doesn't create as much downforce as the Carrera GT, which allows it to be superior on the racetrack.

Plus the Carrera GT is an engineering power house. When the production car made its appearence, Porsche accounced that there are more than 50 technological pending patents. Every publication that has driven the Carrera GT mentions how the engine noise is like that of an F1 car. Also Porsche is proud that with the roof off, the Carrera GT is still stiffer than a 2004 GT3RSR racecar with full FIA rollcage."

"I've also read that the Carrera GT is quicker... where did you get your info from?"

"The information provided have been supplied primarily from two of my favorite publications, EVO and CAR. Plus I have several sources that give good information about Porsche activities"

"I don't know why people think the Enzo is faster."

"The reason why the c-gt is faster is because simply, it goes around the track faster. From what I've heard from several people though i haven't been able to confirm it myself (I hope the people on this forum were sincere) the c-gt lapped Nordscheilf (Nurburgring) faster than the enzo. In the end, that's all that matters."
Old 06-06-2004, 12:12 AM   #5
AF Newbie

I am suprised that people are so biased in the opionions. The porsche forum thinks the porsche is faster, and the ferrari forum thinks the ferrari is faster.

Here I read, "The enzo is a whole level up on the carrera GT."
There I read, " the Enzo is a POS."

And the same source is used to argue opossite points!

I need to find a more realible forum to waste my time reading.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #6
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

The enzo was created by ferrari to be 1 of the most unrivaled track cars of all time. It is a complete drivers car. less downforce is jus 1 factor out of many that go into a true race car. My uncle has talked to M .Schumacher and asked him about it. He has even said its meant to be the ultimate drivers car!! Sorry bu the carrera GT on the track would get most definetly get beat.
" ~ Igor
Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

Ferrari would beat it, sorry porsche fans buts its true. In my over all opinion though the Mclaren F1 LM could hammer the hell out of both of these cars but thats a hole other ball game and forum thred
Old 06-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #8
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockrocket
Ferrari would beat it, sorry porsche fans buts its true. In my over all opinion though the Mclaren F1 LM could hammer the hell out of both of these cars but thats a hole other ball game and forum thred
No shit thats my Fave car in the superclass level anyway.
" ~ Igor
Old 06-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #9
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

one thing though...i may as well ask it here rather than start another thread, if you compare the tyres of the mclaren f1, enzo or any supercar the rear tyre is always higher from the rim to the top of the tyre than on the front. If you look at an enzo or f1 pic from the side, the rims are the same diameter but the tyres are different depths. or in some cases like the sallen s7, the tyre depth is the same but the rear rim is 1 inch bigger. Why is this? I dont now what it is, but i think this change in tyre depth makes the rear wheel look out of poportion to the rest of the car.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:43 PM   #10
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Yea the Saleen S7 has that but everything is perfectly cemetrical on that car except for the leather seat wrinkles lol. The s7 is the only and first supercar to ever be designed completely by computer generation b 4 it was produced.
" ~ Igor
Old 06-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #11
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

Also might be to save a little weight have less tire and more light weight alloy (material of rims) is a good thing.
" ~ Igor
Old 06-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #12
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
Yea the Saleen S7 has that but everything is perfectly cemetrical on that car except for the leather seat wrinkles lol. The s7 is the only and first supercar to ever be designed completely by computer generation b 4 it was produced.
never knew that, interesting!...what other car forums do you post on jcsaleen, iv met you in mercedes, mclaren, ferrari, anywhere else do you discuss cars?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:58 PM   #13
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockrocket
never knew that, interesting!...what other car forums do you post on jcsaleen, iv met you in mercedes, mclaren, ferrari, anywhere else do you discuss cars?
Pangani saleen porsche even though havent done any yet because they dont have a 962 thread maybe some porsche moderators should be taking notes!!!!! & of course rare prototypes such as fioravanti aka f100 r or the vision k2 or the vector m12.
" ~ Igor
Old 06-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #14
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

couldnt agree with you more on the porsche dauer 962 lm front, great car, said to be the fastest road legal car (not production) car in the world. great racing history as well!
Old 06-12-2004, 10:14 AM   #15
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Its a half as production car because theres no limit to how many but theres only like 20 in existence however If you have 920,000 euros U can call the porsche factory and they make you 1 custom made any time.
" ~ Igor

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD