Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
3GEclipseGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 3GEclipseGT Send a message via Yahoo to 3GEclipseGT
SERIOUSLY looking to upgrade big time

Alright look, i just bought a 2001 eclipse gt. not exactly what i wanted, but im not gonna settle for itspoor power. im looking to turbo charge this snail. im new to imports and i dont know to much about turbochargers being a 72 chevelle owner. SO, what parts do i need, what steps do i have to take, and what turbo charger would be safe? and please...no "well i had a friend of a friend who knew this guy who did this" kind of bull. thank you.
3GEclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to johnnyBgood
Re: SERIOUSLY looking to upgrade big time

There is one company that currently makes a turbo kit, but they are very substandard. Dougs Dyno Power. please avoid them.

For real power out of the 6G72 (your engine code), get a Ripp Modifications Supercharge Drive System (SDS). At 5-7 psi, your car will dyno well into the 260 whp range with an automatic transmission and around 280 with the manual tranny.

Also, check out www.neweclipse.org for alot more info than is available here.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:44 PM   #3
3GEclipseGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 3GEclipseGT Send a message via Yahoo to 3GEclipseGT

ok, so with the right cold air intake (im told to go with injen) the right exhaust (i hear tanabe) a new cam, a muffler, knew pulleys, and an ACT clutch...how do you think my performance would be? what horsepower do you think i could get to with a dyno tuning?
3GEclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to johnnyBgood

go with Injen. I got an 11 whp gain over stock, very good considering they say it will gain 9.
Exhaust wise, I would say either Thermal R&D or GReddy EVO, cat backs on both. Forget the camshafts. No gains can really be made until the limits of the stock ones are at their limit.
If you want to tune the car, get an Apex'i SAFC II because the car runs very rich to begin with. use AEM cam gears. The will free up about 1.5 whp. i would also suggest DM Racing motor mounts. Less tranny loss.
And some gounding wires (you will get 3-4 whp) and spark plug wires from Magnecore. Maybe 1 whp.

Add some headers and you are looking to gain about another 20 whp.

You might get about 220 whp and 230 wtq with the above mods. Baseline you might get about 175 whp, with no mods.

If you have an auto, you will get less by about 10 whp, maybe a little more. And the clutch will not net you any gains.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+