Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
tonguesg19
AF Newbie

1994 Pont Trans Sport bulb

Ok, try and make this simple. The bulb behind the Climate Control panel (the one with A/C, Recirc, Upper, B-Lev, Off, Lower, Mix, Def buttons) must have burnt out. I would like to replace it, and was hoping someone has step by step instructions on how to replace it. I espect I will have to take a few things off , to get to it, but would appreciate some instructions.
Thanks

Paul
tonguesg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1994 Pont Trans Sport bulb

THis is from '93, in case it is a look alike.
www.natureaulac.ca/xport/climatecontrol.jpg

Last edited by LMP; 01-26-2006 at 06:24 AM.
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
tonguesg19
AF Newbie

THanks LMP, but a few questions:
I cannot make out what it says, after #7, remove or connect. I cant make out what the next #1, and #2 is, under Install and Connect. It then goes up to #3, under Tighten. But it starts off "Climate Control Components"
Heater-A/C Control Assembly
Figure 21
Remove or Disconnect
then # 1-7.
Then I cant make out the next 3 lines
It appears the first line is
Remove or Disconnect
1. ?
2. ?

My next question is, am I to presume the backlight bulb , to light up the 8 push buttons, is right inside the Control Assembly Heater-A/C? The diagram doesnt show the bulb, so I am not sure.
Also, if you dont mind, would you also have the diagram/instructions to replace the turn signal lever?

THanks
I appreciate it!!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
vesamaan
AF Newbie

to change bulbs you have to open control assembly, solder burned bulbs off the circuitboard and solder new bulbs back. Been there, done that. I found new bulbs from a local electronics part shop.
vesamaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
tonguesg19
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesamaan
to change bulbs you have to open control assembly, solder burned bulbs off the circuitboard and solder new bulbs back. Been there, done that. I found new bulbs from a local electronics part shop.

Wouldnt the bulb just be a plug in type dashboard light?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
nicke66
AF Regular

Quote:
I found new bulbs from a local electronics part shop.
Do you remember the size of the bulbs? mW and dimension?
nicke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
vesamaan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonguesg19
Wouldnt the bulb just be a plug in type dashboard light?
Quote:
My next question is, am I to presume the backlight bulb , to light up the 8 push buttons, is right inside the Control Assembly Heater-A/C? The diagram doesnt show the bulb, so I am not sure.
Do you mean the bulb that lights the panel of control assembly or light that indicate which button is pressed? From what I remember backlight bulbs are soldered to circuitboard, and the indicators are small leds. I repaired my controls a year ago and can't remember it for sure . But it wasn't a bad job, I didn't have any instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke66
Do you remember the size of the bulbs? mW and dimension?
It was either L-3215 IVP (14v, 0,04 A) or L-3218 IVP (3v, 0,04A), both size 3,15 x 6,35 mm, similar to this:
http://www.accu-doc.ch/accuasp/rootc...43/default.htm. I'm quite sure it was 14v bulb, but it is easy to figure out by checking the cirquitboard.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
nicke66
AF Regular

Thanks for the answer. I have to repair the backlight, and this was great input.

Does anyone know if the in steering wheel radio controls have any back light. There is no light at all in my steering wheel radio controls, Is there any light to repair?
nicke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #9
tonguesg19
AF Newbie

Quote:
Do you mean the bulb that lights the panel of control assembly or light that indicate which button is pressed? From what I remember backlight bulbs are soldered to circuitboard, and the indicators are small leds. I repaired my controls a year ago and can't remember it for sure . But it wasn't a bad job, I didn't have any instructions

It was either L-3215 IVP (14v, 0,04 A) or L-3218 IVP (3v, 0,04A), both size 3,15 x 6,35 mm, similar to this:
http://www.accu-doc.ch/accuasp/rootc...43/default.htm. I'm quite sure it was 14v bulb, but it is easy to figure out by checking the cirquitboard.
Vesamaan: I think the way it works is, if you dont have your headlights on, like during the day, then the control panel backlights are off, but when you push one of the 8 buttons, the individual button LED you are pushing lights up. Thusly I presume each one of the 8 control buttons, must have a seperate LED light.
When the headlights are turned on, all 8 buttons light up, or there should be some sort of backlight , so you can see which button is which button. Thusly I suspect there is a separate backlight, and each button has its own LED?
Anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Paul
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #10
vesamaan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Vesamaan: I think the way it works is, if you dont have your headlights on, like during the day, then the control panel backlights are off, but when you push one of the 8 buttons, the individual button LED you are pushing lights up. Thusly I presume each one of the 8 control buttons, must have a seperate LED light.
When the headlights are turned on, all 8 buttons light up, or there should be some sort of backlight , so you can see which button is which button. Thusly I suspect there is a separate backlight, and each button has its own LED?
Anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Paul
Yep! But there is not only one backlight bulb but many. I can't remember how many, but at least 4 I think (don't remember)
Old 01-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
tonguesg19
AF Newbie

Quote:
Yep! But there is not only one backlight bulb but many. I can't remember how many, but at least 4 I think (don't remember)
Vesa, are the 4 or so backlite bulbs solder in type, or a we talking plug in types? I can see the LED's being soldered in on the circuit board, but are the backlites plug in ( I am hoping!!)
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #12
vesamaan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Vesa, are the 4 or so backlite bulbs solder in type, or a we talking plug in types? I can see the LED's being soldered in on the circuit board, but are the backlites plug in ( I am hoping!!)
Sorry. You have to solder

(and my name is Antti )
Old 08-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #13
Zackor2
AF Newbie

I just checked out my 94 Transport HVAC control panel and there are four minature lamps soldered to PCB to provide backlight. (Pushbutton indicators are amber LEDS). The grey wire is the feed and adjusts from zero to 10.5v via the dimmer, so must be 14v. I am not familiar with the L3215 IVP lamp, although the dimensions are the same 3.15x6.35mm, I have used model train "grain of wheat" lamps before. Hope this helps.
Zackor2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport