Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What we drive in Europe. Wich one would you pick?
Citroen Xsara 3 8.57%
Ford Focus 3 8.57%
Opel Astra 3 8.57%
Peugeot 307 9 25.71%
Renault Mégane 3 8.57%
Seat Leon 2 5.71%
VW Golf 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 05:09 PM   #136
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
IMHO teh Stilo is best because, it holds a reliability advantage over all but the Golf (maybe Focus) it is a more inspiring drive than all but the Focus, looks better than them all, is quicker than Megane, Golf, 3O7, Xsara. Of those list, I probably say nowdays that teh Focus is the best, Golf and of course the Alfa is better than them all, but for a price

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 11-25-2002, 02:58 PM   #137
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

I don't agree... but that's your choice

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 11-26-2002, 01:41 PM   #138
crayzayjay
CFA

personally I dont think it looks better than them all.. the megane, and the xsara, thats it....
Old 11-27-2002, 12:59 AM   #139
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
So we are agreed on it looking netter than the Megane and the Xsara, but the Focus is just plaiin butt-ugly, the Leon looks ridiculous, the 3O7 looks like somebody transplanted a 6O7 nose onto a Civic, the Golf and Astra are snooze-makingly boring. Actually I often wonder what on earth possesses people to get an Astra

But we can't leave the Japanese competition out wither, that being Civic, Corolla, Almera, 323, Liana and Mitsubishi Lancer.

Of course the Liana, Lancer and Almera stand no chance against thier European opposition.

However the Civic, Corolla and 323 make a very good case. the 323 and Civic both lose out in the looks department, however the Civic is by far and undisputabley the worlds most practical and comfortable Large hatch, the 3 Jappers outdo everything on the poll as far as quality/reliability is concerned (Check any ownersship survery to see what I mean) and also out-perform everything here as well (Remember we are not including the hot-hatch models at the moment. As far as dynamics go the 323 has the class wrapped up, it's a shocker how such a drivers car can look so boring the Corolla presents a good case in the looks department as well, if I could ever get my scanner to work I could show you NZ Autocars 4-way comparision between Golf 2.0, 3O7, Civic and Corolla, the Corolla won, the Civic and 3O7 second= and the Golf a very convincing last.

How do I place this market segment.....well........In the order of best to worst..........and not inclusing the premium models (147, A Class, BMW Compact, A3 etc....)

Stilo, Corolla, Civic, 3O7, Leon, 323, Focus, Xsara, Golf, Megane, the rest of the Japanese

Old 11-27-2002, 11:23 AM   #140
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

That's only an opinion about the design of these cars.
Personnally, I would class it :
Alfa 147, Peugeot 307, Renault Mégane II (not the first except in convertible), Audi A3, VW Golf IV, Fiat Stilo,some Japanese (Civic, etc.), Ford Focus and Opel Astra (but the convertible is nice).
But, you seem to over-protect the Stilo, and you didn't answer my question : are you working by Fiat Spa ???!
A last observation : the Stilo's sales are not good except in Italy. I don't dislike this car but I do prefer a 147, a 307 or an A3...

Old 11-27-2002, 03:37 PM   #141
crayzayjay
CFA

The Stilo IS better looking than the Astra. I forgot all about it when writing that post. And the Focus, coming to think of it, though i think i hate it cos its a Ford and not on the basis of its looks. But i kind of like the new Megane (i was thinking of the old one) so i would rate looks like this:

Alfa 147
Audi A3
Golf IV
Renault Megane
Seat Leon
Fiat Stilo
Ford Focus
Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Vauxhall Astra

i never thought the 323 would be a good drive... do they still make em or is there a new 323 model?
Old 11-27-2002, 04:25 PM   #142
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

stephanel1- Sorry for missing your question, but I indeed do work for FIAT Spa. I was an accountant at the Turin base a while back but then they transferred me to Genoa to run a dealership Also my wife has a Stilo 1.8 Manual and I quite like it

Jay- They indeed still do make the 323 infact, they have recently released a 2.0 SP20 model which is damned hot AS WELL as plenty of aftermarket parts from Mazdaspeed. A new 323 is expected soon it'll be called the 3 and continue with the Mazda revival in styling, started by the Mazda 6 and the upcoming 2

here are some pictures of the Mazda 2 taken by member Moss1O6GTi at the Big Boys Toys 2002 show in New Zealand

Old 11-28-2002, 08:42 AM   #143
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Untill when will you be working to Fiat ??... because I have to make a training period for next hollidays (July and August 2003) and I'd like to do it by an automotive maker. It would be great if it was in Italy because I love this country é voglio imprare l'Italiano il prossimo anno !
I'm just asking... and trying
oh ! I have a Lancia, is it a positive point ?

Old 11-28-2002, 01:21 PM   #144
crayzayjay
CFA

hey Jimmy, you work for FIAT!?!?! Dont let Lancia go down! It's in your hands!
Old 11-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #145
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Lancia.........I'm trying my best to like them......But to be quite honest they need a good kick in the pants, the cars are fugly, the Y is an embarassment, the Lybra is mediocre, the Thesis is far too wierd for my likeing and don't get me started on the new people mover. It really sucks what is happening to Lancia Especially when you consider the great cars they have made like the Delta HF Intergale, Beta Monte Carlo and Gamma Coupe

stephanel I'll see what I can do for you My contract expires in 2004 so I will hopefully be with FIAT until then, just depends on who's paying me the most

Last edited by Jimster; 12-07-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:28 AM   #146
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

The future Y will be nice, isn't it ?
The Lybra is not original enough, alas. But I do like the Thésis, the problem is the image, the reputation of this make which is not so good today.

... you'lml say it to me if you could take me as trainer

Old 11-29-2002, 02:06 PM   #147
crayzayjay
CFA

ok the Y has been left behind, but it is an ageing design... still has bags of character if you ask me.... i quite like the Lybra and Thesis, but i do know they wont set the world on fire
Old 12-21-2002, 10:35 AM   #148
ThomasB
AF Newbie

Don't forget the new Megane RENAULT and his modern design!
Old 12-21-2002, 12:46 PM   #149
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Indeed but at the time of this poll, the new Mégane was not in sale.

Old 12-21-2002, 06:14 PM   #150
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:
Originally posted by ThomasB

Don't forget the new Megane RENAULT and his modern design!
DUDE! I checked your viechle list and it says you have a Peugeot 6O7 - I used to own one of them - Awesome car indeed- what model is your one??? Mine was a V6 SE (The only model that was available in NZ at the time)

Megane is nice- but a little too radical for this conservative world

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons