Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > M-Class
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
cbogartjr
AF Newbie

I gave my ML320 Back

On Monday I purchased a 2002 ML320. It appeared to be a nice car with 60K on the clock. I excitedly took it home. Tuesday morning I looked at the ML forum and my heart sunk. I began thinking "What have I done?". I made a call to a friend on mine who has had 5 ML and has a 2006 ML500 which Mercedes replaced his 2005 ML500 with for no charge because of the problems he had. I though "Hummm, I know I'll purchase a 4 year extended warranty on the ML I bought". I thought it would offer me some protection against what appears to be some whopping repair bills. I couldn't find a 4 year extended warranty. The best I could find is a 3yr warranty for $ 5900.00. My stomach is now churning and churning. My friend who has owned 5 MLs further stated he "would never buy an ML that was out of warranty". I am now ready to choke. I called the dealer I purchased the ML from and asked to trade it for a 2002 Infinity QX4. Basically, it was an even swap. Oh, I did purchase a 4 yr 100K extended warranty for $1900 on the Infinity. I am really dissappointed and so is my wife. We have both like the MLs, but I can't chance the cost of repair or the time needed to maintain. The ML looked great, rode nice, etc. only initial problem was the radio, for no reason would get louder then softer.
Thanks to your forum I think I have piece of mind again.
cbogartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
talonlover
AF Regular

Re: I gave my ML320 Back

Well I can't say I blame you. The ML had it's problems early on, and I truly think most of the problems in the new ones were due to people buying trash over the internet that had been neglected or pieced together. That extended warranty price seems pretty outrageous. If a dealer has to have 6 grand to stand behind their vehicle I say to H%^! with them. I think you have a nice vehicle now too. Infinity is my inlaws "holy grail" of vehicles. Between you and me the ML looks pretty lame in the styling department, the QX blows it away.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
weezie23
AF Newbie

"I exposed my silver ML320 to almost every imaginable on-road and off-road situations. From daily commutes and long fast highway trips, to exhausting expedition style travel and finally the infamous Rubicon Trail, my ML320 experienced a wider variety of situations than most SUV's will ever encounter. Admittedly it has it's limits, but there are only very few (off-road) places where I would rather use my Mercedes-Benz 300GD. So far the ML is the most impressive combination of off-road talent and safest sedan comfort one could imagine. Besides, no SUV before had such a big fun-factor built in. Driving my ML320 makes me smile from ear to ear - every day!"

---I guess this disproves the myth about the greatness of Mercedes.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > M-Class