Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
TheSyndicate
AF Enthusiast

Got a model, finished a model

I just finished painting the bumpers on my AMT '67 Camaro Z28. The whole thing is done in black-blue pearl, which basically is metallic purple. It's a pretty nice model, for an AMT (which I usually dislike, very much), and it has the option for a custom engine with a blower and dual carbs, or a stock engine. I liked the choices I had in making it. I'm going to take pics tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I'll have them developed soon enough, or I'll find someone with a digi cam instead.

So now onto my new model. Revell Ferrari 360 Modena Spider. I was very surprised to find this model at my local hobby shop, since they also have the Tamiya version which goes for $38.99; got the revell for $14.99. Anyway I'm very excited to start building it, but as I was looking through the package I saw some metal mesh stuff. Apparently it's supposed to be used on the back of the headrests (?) and as accents on the body in some places. Have any of you worked on this model? Also as I was looking at the brakes, they hardly resemble cross drilled brembo rotors; and I don't think I even saw calipers!?!

I also got some testors basic red spray paint. Is this the correct color, or will it be too light for that 'ferrari red'?

Thanks in advance!
TheSyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
Hawk312
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I also got some testors basic red spray paint. Is this the correct color, or will it be too light for that 'ferrari red'?
I believe the Ferrari Red is just a bit more orange than the testors, but not much. It should be a pretty close match. I used it on a 288GTO kit a long while back, and it looked pretty good. Why testors?

1/12th `69 Z/28 Camaro and 1/12 `67 Corvettes
Hawk312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
TheSyndicate
AF Enthusiast

No access to tamiya paints

Maybe I should have gone with some duplicolor?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #4
TheSyndicate
AF Enthusiast

The more I think about it, I realize how much revell slacked on this model. I looked at a 360 hardtop in the car modeling gallery, and it has the replica brembos, and what appear to be more realistic metal wheels, while the ones on this are chromed plated plastic. Still, I think I'll enjoy building it.

Update: Stupid me for spray painting on a humid day. The bumpers and wing on my camaro bubbled up. Gonna have to scrounge up 7 bucks and get some CSC. The hood came out fine, but it needs about 10 hours to fully dry.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling