Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:28 AM   #1
papa_k
AF Newbie

Amp

I am trying to work out a way to get power to my amp in the rear of my car.

How the hell do i get the power cable from the front where the battery is, into the car, to then run the cable under the carpet? The carpet problem is sorted but i cant work out how to get the cable into the car from the engine compartment.

I cant see an easy way of getting the cable in - is there an easy way of doing this? What way have other people used?

Papa.
papa_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Japmetal

EITHER take out your glovebox & see if there's a rubber bung in the bulkhead you can pull out & feed your cable through; not sure if there is on on an Eclipse, but there's usually a spare hole somewhere on most cars due to the LHD/RHD compatibility of the chassis for overseas use

OR You may have to do it the harder way; pick a nice empty spot on your bulkhead [check the inside too to make sure there are no wires etc in the way !] and drill a hole sufficiently large to feed the cable through.

Either way, you'll also need to find a rubber grommet to fitround your wire where it passes thru the bulkhead, so stop the metal from chafing through the cable insulation. I managed to use the hole for the LHD steering column to feed my live cable through, so I just cut a hole in the bung that was there & used that to reseal the hole around my cable

Obviously, if you're forced to drill a hole [I'd ALWAYS use any changes to the standard chassis/trims of a car as a last resort] you'll have to go round your local DIY places and find a suitably sized rubber to fill yer hole

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant