Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 03:20 AM   #136
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Quote:
Originally posted by YOUNGSTER
why is it shh you never anser dbl you always answer all questions accept for his im starting to think your car doesnt exist can you post some pics ?
Just for the record, DblOvrhedCamron saying "fuck you and your imaginary car" isn't a question, it's more or a comment.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:27 AM   #137
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

ssshhhh (_burn_), your running an LS turbo stroked to 2.1 liters at about 20 psi, correct? I am assuming it is not an LS/Vtec. Can I ask you want all you have done to your motor, what type of turbo and turbo componets, internals, etc, you have in there? It seems like you have a fast and powerful LS, and since I am looking to eventualy do the same thing (hence the purpose of this thread), I am curious as to what all you have done to it. I read somewhere you sholdn't stroke the B18 engines, or was it don't stroke them if you wanna turbo them. I don't remember. Anyways, I noticed you said you had yours stroked. I am curious to your opinion on this, and also why it might have been said if you don't feel it's true. Thanks
Old 07-04-2003, 06:41 AM   #138
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)

hahaha get off my testicles kid. your gonna get shat on by some "imaginary vdubs also". i already asked john the guy with the turbo vr6 (the slow one) and he wants a piece. you'll like his plates
Considering I built a good bit of his motor, I doubt that. But his comment was uncalled for. (I will agree with that)

I got the impression from reading your threads that your car is daily driven, forgive me but dohc and I are not accustom to seeing low 10 sec. daily driven CRX's. Perhaps this is not the case and I misread something? If it is the case that's very impressive, and I hope you reach your 9 second goal next season.

(lets try to stay on topic)
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 05:10 PM   #139
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

Considering I built a good bit of his motor, I doubt that. But his comment was uncalled for. (I will agree with that)

I got the impression from reading your threads that your car is daily driven, forgive me but dohc and I are not accustom to seeing low 10 sec. daily driven CRX's. Perhaps this is not the case and I misread something? If it is the case that's very impressive, and I hope you reach your 9 second goal next season.

If I'm not mistaken, he only runs 10 PSI on pump gas when he drives it daily. When he goes to the track he puts in race fuel and runs more than 20 PSI. So he really only drives a 12 second car daily, but 10 second car at the track.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 06:44 PM   #140
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN

If I'm not mistaken, he only runs 10 PSI on pump gas when he drives it daily. When he goes to the track he puts in race fuel and runs more than 20 PSI. So he really only drives a 12 second car daily, but 10 second car at the track.
I'm sorry but 12's to 10.3!!!! sounds a bit unbelievable to me. Just boom! raise the boost to 20 psi and add racing fuel, and wham you run 10.3 at 138 mph. First of all most ppl who run 10's that low run them at 148- mph, secondly hybrid and I maintain a 10 second crx and alot more than that would have to go into a car to hit 10's before a race.

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #141
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:

But his comment was uncalled for. (I will agree with that)
Uncalled for yet the truth.

Old 07-04-2003, 06:54 PM   #142
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

I'm sorry but 12's to 10.3!!!!
10 to 25 PSI?
Going by 10 HP per pound of boost thats 150 HP gain, plenty for 2 seconds faster
Old 07-04-2003, 07:00 PM   #143
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

According to his claims he makes 500ish WHP when on the race gas, but only 300ish when using pump gas lowing the PSI.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #144
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

10 to 25 PSI?
Going by 10 HP per pound of boost thats 150 HP gain, plenty for 2 seconds faster
and you believe the motor just adjusts like that at the drop of a hat, and what kind of boost control is he spotting along with ECU. Its possible but far fethched along with his 10.3 at 138 mph........ cmon now......... I believe it when our Token Black Z God comes back with some picks, I'm shure he is as eager as I. (Or next semester when self hybrid and I team up to smoke some dubbs. )

Old 07-06-2003, 10:33 AM   #145
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
Quote:

my car used to be a street car on the weekends. i do have another crx with a basically stock ls motor in it as a daily driver. that may be the car your thinking of. but for the record....my car is NOT a daily driven 10 second car. my daily driver is a low mid 14 second car at best

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:58 AM   #146
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

i dont drive it daily but yes..when i did drive it daily it was only at aroun 10 pounds.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:02 AM   #147
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

10 to 25 PSI?
actually 150 isnt enough for 2 seconds lol but my car makes more than that so you were right in some since.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #148
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

and you believe the motor just adjusts like that at the drop of a hat, and what kind of boost control is he spotting along with ECU. Its possible but far fethched along with his 10.3 at 138 mph........ cmon now......... I believe it when our Token Black Z God comes back with some picks, I'm shure he is as eager as I. (Or next semester when self hybrid and I team up to smoke some dubbs. )
um i dont beleive that..... im using stage 4 hondata and i have 12 different maps for the car. the crx is a bitch to tune. ive never said otherwise.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:13 AM   #149
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by eckoman_pdx
ssshhhh (_burn_), your running an LS turbo stroked to 2.1 liters at about 20 psi, correct? I am assuming it is not an LS/Vtec. Can I ask you want all you have done to your motor, what type of turbo and turbo componets, internals, etc, you have in there? It seems like you have a fast and powerful LS, and since I am looking to eventualy do the same thing (hence the purpose of this thread), I am curious as to what all you have done to it. I read somewhere you sholdn't stroke the B18 engines, or was it don't stroke them if you wanna turbo them. I don't remember. Anyways, I noticed you said you had yours stroked. I am curious to your opinion on this, and also why it might have been said if you don't feel it's true. Thanks
it was lsvtec turbo for a few weeks but it was too much of a headache. but yes its a sleeved 2.1 litre ls, ls head with 5angle pp job and manley oversized valves hondasavers valve springs, align bored crank journals,knifeendged crank, crower cams, crower rods, je 9:1 pistons,prodrive oil pump, aem fuel rail, the turbo is a precision sc54. a garret t3/60-1 is going on as soon as i get it ordered. turbo components?? im running a fullrace prostreet equal length manifold, tial 40mm wastegate tial 50 mm bov.
as for my opinion on stroking ls t's....my opinion doesnt matter. i've done it and until something serious happens to mine i feel no reason to say that it should or shouldnt be done.

EDIT
heres a "cleaned up" list for the eyes.
88 crx si (1910 pounds w/o driver)
95 B18B 85 mm bore sleeved duhhh
9:1 forged pistons
crower rods
aline bored crank journals
ACL bearings
balanced everything
5 angled port N polished ls head
oversized manley valves
hondasavers springs
"stage 2" crower turbo spec cam
fullrace prostreet turbo manifold (equal length duhh)
ball bearing precisionturbo sc54
3 inch custom downpipe
tial 40mm wastegate/50mm bov
homemade charge pipe and intercooler piping
"jdm" trust intercooler
hondata w/data logging
rc injectors
useless z10

Last edited by ssshhhh (_burn_); 07-07-2003 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #150
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)

it was lsvtec turbo for a few weeks but it was too much of a headache. but yes its a sleeved 2.1 litre ls, ls head with 5angle pp job and manley oversized valves hondasavers valve springs, align bored crank journals,knifeendged crank, crower cams, crower rods, je 9:1 pistons,prodrive oil pump, aem fuel rail, the turbo is a precision sc54. a garret t3/60-1 is going on as soon as i get it ordered. turbo components?? im running a fullrace prostreet equal length manifold, tial 40mm wastegate tial 50 mm bov.
as for my opinion on stroking ls t's....my opinion doesnt matter. i've done it and until something serious happens to mine i feel no reason to say that it should or shouldnt be done.
Thanks for the info ssshhhh (_burn_). That's a good list you got there. It does mean something to men, also, that you had an ls/vtec turbo at one point, but switched it back to a regular ls turbo after a few weeks. If you switched it back after it was done, it must of been some headache. Lately I've been leaning towards an ls turbo with no lsvtec eventually myself. That kind of makes me feel a little more sound with that train of thought.