Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
purut33
AF Newbie

Angry Auto Door Lock

I've been to my dealer twice now to have my 04 X3 programmed so it would automatically lock doors when you drive off. They are telling me "my" vehicle does not accept the code... I called another dealer in the area, they are telling me there is no such thing as "vehicle is not accepting the code", and they are willing to program it, but they would have to charge me to program the vehicle. Anyone has a similar problem or actually have their X3s automatically lock doors once driven off?
purut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 AM   #2
ChadEbert
AF Enthusiast

Re: Auto Door Lock

I wanted the same set up on mine but was told it wasn't available on the 2.5 that I had. Granted, I'm not the best to ask for a reference at this time (see my thread). I had a 2.5, pretty basic, no frills, the only option I had was the automatic and the panorama roof. Maybe only the 3.0's have the ability to have auto door locks. I wanted mine programmed to lock automatically because the button on the dash is a really bad place to have to reach and lock 'em everytime you start to roll.

Good luck, keep us posted on what you find out.
ChadEbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #3
walovej
AF Newbie

Hopefully I understood your question right. Are you saying that they cannot program your X3 to automatically lock the doors when you drive off? If so, they are wrong. I have a 2004 X3 2.5 and the doors lock automatically when the car hits 10mph. The only issue I have had with mine is a water leak from the sunroof drainage tube into the passenger side of the car. I just got word today that the folks in Germany have found a fix to the problem and I should have my car back in a couple days.

Let me know on your door locks, that's interesting.
walovej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
purut33
AF Newbie

Yes, you got it right. I've been following other online forums, and everything I have read so far says 2004 X3 can be prorammed to auto lock doors. We are still trying the enjoy the X3. To be honest with you, this dealer's service department is the worst I've seen in my life. I need to take it back for the door creaking problem as well... I'll keep you all posted.
purut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
ChadEbert
AF Enthusiast

I'll have to argue and say that Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA is hands down, the single WORST service department in the BMW universe! I won't even go on with the nightmares I experienced, but if your dealer's service department is worse than Crevier, I sincerely feel for you and acknowledge that you must have the patience of Job.

Keep us posted.
ChadEbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #6
walovej
AF Newbie

Good luck with the door locks. I actually really enjoy that feature on mine, especially living in the Baltimore/DC area. I just picked up my X3 today and my water leak problem is apparently fixed. They found a major kink in the sunroof drainage tube. I am just hoping now that the damp carpet dries without any odor problems. They ran a dehumidifier in the car but I'm not sure if that did the trick. I'll keep you posted.
walovej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #7
crash8168
AF Enthusiast

You need to make sure they are not trying to program it with the old programming method, it is set in CIP programming now.
crash8168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #8
x3man
AF Newbie

Re: leaky sunroof and door creaks

the sunroof my 04 x3 leaks like hell, i've taken it back to bmw of san diego twice, they've replaced the seals twice and it still leaks! also the interior creaks and noises from the doors and panels is annoying. my guess is that the sunroof problem is a factory defect...
x3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
zeozaza
AF Newbie

my x3 2004 autolocks as well as soon as i drive off... the problem i have with it is that u have to press a button when u want to unlock the doors and i would have liked it more if they opened when u manually open the door from the inside !! Maybe this is something to keep in mind for when u want to get this done.
zeozaza is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3