Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #61
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Send a message via ICQ to Vipey1337 Send a message via AIM to Vipey1337
Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

merry remainder of xmas

Current: 2012 Toyota Rav4 3.5L V6 AWD
Current: 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD + Accel Boost

Past: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE (sold 2013)
Past: 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring (sold 2016)
Past: 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (sold 2019)
Vipey1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #62
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Yea Its Over !

So Vipey you make out like a bandit ?
Been nice to have some headers under the tree,
or a 62mm TB

Nice tree crazy_jim,
I think yours is bigger then mine
Little Tree

Well back to work I must go ........ enjoy your vactions everyone!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #63
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, or whatever holiday you may celebrate... Hopefully though everyone was good enough for Santa to bring them some nice presents. I got a new radar detector for my car... from my G/f.... which so happen to be my fiance now since i proposed to her on christmas!!

Xi: aren't those icicle lights supposed to be hung outside for that "icicle" effect. LOL. You got alot of presents under that tree though, share the christmas spirt over here and send some nice gifts east to me! LMAO!

I still have a few more christmas's to go through with family yet... such as my sisters which are coming in this week as well as aunt and grandmother... all of them yet too! This is going to be one long week!

Well I'm off to looking like i'm working, when i won't be... HAHAHAHAH

Hey what's the diffence in these two smileys? vs Just color? WTH?

Later everyone!

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #64
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

I'm always nice

grfnkl,
yes those icicles go outside(have them around the house) but thier was extras and the kids were all jolly/hell bent on hanging all of them .... Kids!
I would if I could throw them your way, because they are now in my way with all those packing matterials
Remember though I have 6kids and a few of those were other members of the family(grandma/pa, aunts/uncles etc etc). I put some miles on the GT this weekend, doing all my running up and down the state

On those smileys the moves his whole head, the other iceso whatever moves his top jaw(ya smileys have top jaws too ).
I think the second one means something diferent
Old 12-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #65
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gir-_-

my xmas was alright I guess... got some socks, boxers, pajama pants to keep warm and $150. Didnt see any family and worked on xmas day Felt like another day in the year just everything was closed meh...

My xmas this year honestly was kinda bland, all the gifts above were just from my mother which I thanked her. Sorta hoping for late xmas money thru the mail if anything...

I spent about $300 or more on gifts though(now im broke), guess giving & the thought is where it counts...

bah-humbug

Gir-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #66
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Finally logged into AF! WoHoO!

gir: it is the season for giving.... even though it feels like you give more then you get but it's just the way it goes sometimes. as long as you get the stuff you need first that's what counts... Like i got dress pants and shirts for work.... not something i really wanted but i needed so it was all good. got a couple movies, my radar, a sweater, and a gift card to best buy. It sucks thought that you had to work. Only once i had to work on christmas... and i said i would never do it again!

xi: that's right i forgot you had 6 kids. do they all still live at your house or are some older and moved out? I know what that can be like though around the tree I'm 1 of 4, and when it came to christmas you couldn;t walk though our living room. then when relatives came it got even worse! Now it has reversed though, everything goes towards the "grandkids" so i'm left out a little now.

back to looking like i'm working!

Old 12-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #67
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

yea, just felt weird though out of the normal going to gma's house w/ family and such... oh well... plenty more years ahead

I put the $150 to use already ha... bought a new power supply online

X-Finity™ 600 Watt PSU - Black

got it so I can use my 6800 xtreme video card thats been sitting on my floor so im not stuck with my old reliable geforce 4ti 4200 hahah

other than that, about to take 5 days vacation woot!... ill be back at work Jan 2nd I think...

Last edited by Gir-_-; 12-27-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #68
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

I dont even want to talk about "how much money" I spent on christmas (boatloads)

I got the usual jeans/socks/CDs/DVDs, and some gift cards from NAPA and these wierd Vise gift cards, which I havnt seen before...
I got what I needed though I really did need anything.
One can never have to many socks

grfnkl, my oldest two daughters(20) live out of the house but are home frequently, but I dont mind.
The other 4 keep my ass bussy as hell
Then I have the 2 14yr old boys and a boy & girl that will be 10 in Feb. (i know, what was I thinking)

Hey Gir, I know what you mean about working holidays.
I miss the food more then the social interactions.

Nice power suply thier, a little pricey though.
I like the low noise level , and I just saw those new cables the other day.
Looks better with the wires all attached to one another and allows for better air flow.

I'm thinking about building me a new P4 with the water cooler thingy and little of no fans. The less moving parts the better
I'm running my ati 9800pro in a P3 how gay is that!
I am not into paying that premium price for the new stuff that comes out every month. The last time I looked front bus speeds were only around 500 mhz, I think now they are Way higher , in the 1000's.

At least you get New Years weekend off. I'm just taking sun-mon off, then back to the grind

enjoy the Global Warming !

FYI -- I have been having troubles with the site too
Very sloooooow!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #69
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to grandamdriver52 Send a message via MSN to grandamdriver52

Hey guys, Its been forever sence I have been here...and just to let you know, it might be my last post. I crashed my Grand Am a while ago and now Im driving a Buick Regal GS. I actually was hurt a little from it but made a full recovery and am fine. None of you proly remember me at all, but I got on this forum before I even got my license. Me, Dan (cant remember his screen name) and Ride used to talk alot. I dont even think they are around anymore but now that I have joined a new sport (PWC - so called "Jet-Ski") I have taken all my time by workin on them. It brought down my excitment with cars when I crashed it. I grew up around boats and PWCs so Im having alot of fun and meeting some great people doing it. I still have that need for speed but now I get that need from being the fastes on the water. I want to wish you guys luck in the future and have a good one!...
1995 WaveRaider 1100 - Primer kit, Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors, R&D 155 PSI Race Head, Jettrim seat, 5 degree nozzle, Cut stock water intake grate, Solas 13/19 Impeller, hydro-turf, pro-tec ride plate, Riva Racing handlebars, billit throttle, rebuilt mukuni SBN 38's.

Riding a WaveRaider is like riding a p***ed-off paper plate
grandamdriver52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #70
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandamdriver52
Hey guys, Its been forever sence I have been here...and just to let you know, it might be my last post. I crashed my Grand Am a while ago and now Im driving a Buick Regal GS. I actually was hurt a little from it but made a full recovery and am fine. None of you proly remember me at all, but I got on this forum before I even got my license. Me, Dan (cant remember his screen name) and Ride used to talk alot. I dont even think they are around anymore but now that I have joined a new sport (PWC - so called "Jet-Ski") I have taken all my time by workin on them. It brought down my excitment with cars when I crashed it. I grew up around boats and PWCs so Im having alot of fun and meeting some great people doing it. I still have that need for speed but now I get that need from being the fastes on the water. I want to wish you guys luck in the future and have a good one!...

a face full of water I dont think hurts as much as a steering wheel or air back ha...

Old 12-29-2006, 12:01 AM   #71
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to grandamdriver52 Send a message via MSN to grandamdriver52

I guess I will post again. Actually got 2nd degree burn on my right arm from the air bag and a permanant scar to show for it too. My face went numb for a while and the car was totaled.

And with the water thing...going 60+ MPH on flat water and getting tossed from my ski (my hull is natorious for that) many feet into the air and hitting the water doesnt feel to good....just to let you know, lol.

Now my ex-girlfriend has the GA and she ended up rolling it going 60 and all that happened to it was a busted fog light and her side mirrors broke....no dents. I just dont get it.
1995 WaveRaider 1100 - Primer kit, Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors, R&D 155 PSI Race Head, Jettrim seat, 5 degree nozzle, Cut stock water intake grate, Solas 13/19 Impeller, hydro-turf, pro-tec ride plate, Riva Racing handlebars, billit throttle, rebuilt mukuni SBN 38's.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:11 AM   #72
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandamdriver52
I guess I will post again. Actually got 2nd degree burn on my right arm from the air bag and a permanant scar to show for it too. My face went numb for a while and the car was totaled.

And with the water thing...going 60+ MPH on flat water and getting tossed from my ski (my hull is natorious for that) many feet into the air and hitting the water doesnt feel to good....just to let you know, lol.

Now my ex-girlfriend has the GA and she ended up rolling it going 60 and all that happened to it was a busted fog light and her side mirrors broke....no dents. I just dont get it.
Sorry to hear about the scar =o

yea sure it hurts flying from a jet-ski but I would option it over car + face =)

GA being rolled?? No major damage???? that'd be something to see....

Old 12-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #73
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Hey Grandamdriver! I do remember you. You were on with Ride, Hoags (aka dan) and myself. Times have changed and now Its XI, Gir and Myself. Sorry to hear about your G/a that sucks. I no longer have my g/a either, but mine was traded in instead and not wrecked. Good luck with you regal GS, and just remember your always welcome here!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:19 AM   #74
grandamdriver52
AF Regular

Thanks you guys. Yea, I dont get it eaither. She rolled it and ended up on her side and she had to call some people to roll her over. I happened to be one of them and I looked at it and I thought It was done for....It was dark out and I couldnt see anything. We rolled it back over and I drove it out of the ditch for her. This happened out in the country on a gravel road so no one else was there but us.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #75
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Sorry to hear you GA died Grandamdriver.
Glad to hear you all were OK though.

I Do remember seeing you here when I first came to AF.
Alot of people come and go I guess...

Ya hitting water even at 40mph feels like concrete
I hate the water, I swim like a rock

Good Luck with that and your GS.
Stop in anytime

You all have a *Happy New Year!

* please drink responsibley, and dont drink and drive.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grandam , offtopic , overflo , topic , weirdly
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM