Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
00 DTS Power Steering Noise

I replaced the Power Steering Pressure hose assembly on an 00 Cadillac Deville DTS and now you can hear a hissing noise when the steering is at it's neutral postion (no load/not turning) it is audible inside the vehicle, at first I thought it was inside the vehicle but you can also hear it by the drivers front wheel and right at the rack where the lines go in but as soon as you move the steering wheel even the slightest bit it will go away. I have bled the system repeatedly with the engine OFF and ON, wheel OFF the ground and ON the ground, turning the wheel back and forth probably 500 times, and I've been driving the car for the last 2 months with this noise no matter what I do I cannot get rid of this noise. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I did see another guy have this problem on another site and he took it back to the garage and a few times then finally just had them replace the line again and that took care of the problem (both line/hose assemblies were AC DELCO) but I find that hard to believe that it was a faulty hose.

Thanks in advance
Joe

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS