Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
kimper
AF Newbie

2006 impreza outback sport P0502

I have a issue with my impreza. First off i will say the car has 72000 on it and has a automatic transmission. I have owned for about 4 months and have always thought it shifted different but never thought twice of it due to never owning a subie and so I had nothing to compare it to. Well this week I got a CE light and went to a buddies shop to run a scanner on it. Upon looking under the dash for the OBDII plug I see two green connectors right behind the hood latch release that were not connected together but looked like they should so I connected them. After plugging in the scanner and starting the car my CE light was flashing at me now instead of just being on. So I start going threw all 14 codes (some of them duplicates) and thought WTF so like a dumb ass I deleted them and then checked them again because the FLASHING CHECK ENGINE light was still on. P0502 was my lucky code. Now my question is this. What are the two wires under the right side of the dash which would make my CE flash because as soon as I disconnected them I got no CE light any more.. And where do you start to diagnose a "Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit-Low Input" code...

I know its a lot to take in but any info would be wonderful..
kimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #2
somick
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2006 impreza outback sport P0502

somick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
kimper
AF Newbie

Re: 2006 impreza outback sport P0502

Both of your links fail.. And I should mention I don't have any issues with my speedometer at all.

Since I have cleared the codes I have got no check engine lights and it seem to be shifting better for the last couple of days. I guess I will just drive it and see what happens.. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything else.
kimper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport