Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
usa3990
AF Newbie

2006 Cadillac DTS 6 Engine Codes!

Hey all, I am new to this forum and I hope you guys can help me out. My 2006 cadillac dts had the service traction control/service stabilitrak light come on (a min later the service engine soon came on too). I checked all of the fuses and found a blown oxygen sensor fuse. I replaced that fuse and the service traction control/service stabilitrak light turned off. I checked the codes with a obd2 scanner and found six of them!!

p0412 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Malfunction
p0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input
p0036 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
p0418 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit
p0480 LOW SPEED COOLING FAN RELAY CIRCUIT FAULT
p0481 Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit Malfunction

About 3 weeks ago the same service traction control/service stabilitrak lights came on, in that case the pcm fuse was blown. I replaced it reset the codes and they just now returned.
At this point the only thing I can think of is a faulty pcm/ecu. The reason I think that is because that is the one thing these all have in common, they are all controlled by the pcm/ecu. What do you guys think? Do you have anything else for me to check. Thanks, Dustin.
usa3990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS 6 Engine Codes!

Good morning Dustin,
I realize it isn't always an option, but if you were to decide upon visiting a dealership to have this diagnosed, please let me know as I would like to be available to assist in any way that I can.
Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
jl14621
AF Newbie

Did you ever figure this out? I have almost the same codes, diagnosed as pcm, wrong....
jl14621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Levithan9
AF Newbie

Sounds like a hot wire is reaching ground somewhere in the harness. All those codes point to a 12v feed wire blowing a fuse because it's hitting a ground spot some where.

Replace fuses, clear coodes, start the engine. Go under the hood and start pushing and pulling on the wiring harness in the engine bay. If there is exposed wiring , you may be able to trip the fuse blowing and the codes to reappear. If it happens, then do it again, and of it happens again, then the probability of it happening twice is very remote, and you now just need to find the short.
Levithan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
jl14621
AF Newbie

For any one that may come across this post and have the same problem, I just solved this. The front left oxygen sensor- B1S2 went bad, blew the fuse. Replaced fuse and sensor. Cleared codes- all of them, and restarted. Drives like new. It also took care of the abs/stability/trac light. Apparently, amperage played a huge deal in this. The bad sensor was draying too much power away from all of the other sensors- for me, 11 codes. All is done and drives great!
jl14621 is offline   Reply With Quote