Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
jgarland79
AF Newbie

Unhappy Stalling 99' SAAB 9-5

After filling up at the station on the way to work this morning my car lost all acceleration and the fastest I could get it up to was 20MPH. I managed to get it back home and call in to work. I spent the day researching online and trying different things to get it running again. I replaced some vacume lines and I cleaned the spark plugs they were fouled up with black soot. I cleaned the contacts on the spark plugs and lubed them up with some anti-seize compound and some di-electric grease for the connectors. I rented a ODBC II code scanner and I read a Muliple misfire code P0300 I think it was. Ever since I got it home and at this point it will start but it will die again after a few seconds of running. Giving it extra gas only causes it to stall sooner. Right now the ODBC II scanner is showing no errors. The DI has been replaced in 2001 and in 2004. I recently installed a new fuel pump, fuel filter, and spark plugs. Any ideas?
jgarland79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
mbunakeith
AF Regular

Re: Stalling 99' SAAB 9-5

i dont know if you still have the tech 2 or not. if you do, go into read values under trionic and check the throttle pos sensors. you will have to scroll down a couple screens to get to them. there are 5 readings. what does the third reading say? if it is 0, then you need a new throttle body. it is weird that you dont have any other codes. yours sounds typical of a code p1260 (shorted throttle pos sensor). you should also check what software version you have.
go into trionic and under information, check the software version. it should be 5383377 or better. if not you need to program the trionic also.
have you checked the fuel pressure? after you fix it be sure and check the cat converter. if you had that p0300, there is a chance you fried the cat.
might want to just stick a new crank sensor in it while youo are there. they fail quite regularly and might save you from being stranded.
mbunakeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
who_dares_wins
AF Newbie

Re: Stalling 99' SAAB 9-5

before you change trotleboody ,check for vacum leaks
who_dares_wins is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5