Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #1
darylnj
AF Newbie

Angry 97 galant radio code

i need the radio code for my mr238340 radio.
does anybody know where i can find the code.
there are 4 sets of numbers on the radio,mod#,se# then two other numbers. the dealer gave me the wrong number, the manual states you get 3 trys. does anyboby know what happens after that. don't want to pay a dealer for this bull.
thanks
darylnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
HTOWN
AF Newbie

Ok man, the same thing happened to me when I put in my system. Don't enter in the wrong code more than three times because the radio will shut off and it will be no good trust me I did it. I was going to put in a new radio anyways I just had to do it a lot sooner than I want to.
HTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
rainfever
AF Newbie

Re: 97 galant radio code

hey guys, i did the same thing, i tryed to enter the code 3 times, and it locked. You can unlock the radio by leaving your keys in the ignition and turning the ignition to "on" or maybe its "acc" not sure which. Leave it there for about one Hour and the radio will go back to the "code" stage.

I retrieved the code for my radio by getting inthe phone book and writing down all the Mitsubishi dealers phone #'s. I then went down the list until i found one that transferred me to the Parts dude. He was nice enough to just take my SN and give me the code.
rainfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
97 galant
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 97 galant radio code

dude i got it no bullshit 3844
97 galant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:30 AM   #5
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

there us a sequence....leave in the key on ON for 2 hour, take out and try again.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
pete233x2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pete233x2 Send a message via MSN to pete233x2 Send a message via Yahoo to pete233x2
Thumbs up Resetting Mitsubishi Radio Code after 3 Times, and Radio is Set for "Off"

Hey Everyone... I am new here to the Automotive Forum, but Wanted to Post a reply based on the 97 Galant Radio Code Problem. I searched on Yahoo for a resolution to my problem about the Radio Code, and it directed me to this Forum. I had the Same Problem today with my 97 3000 GT, and decided to try it, and it Worked, just what rainfever said.

So I guess, if you have a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant or a 3000 GT with a Stock Radio, this Trick works great. I forgot my Radio Code, but found the Card with the Code later on after I tried to input the code and failed. So, what I did was This:

1. Put the Key in the Ignition and put it to the "On" Position
2. Turned the Radio On, and the "Off" Prompt was Showing on the Display, then I walked away from the Car for an Hour.. Exactly 1 hour
3. I came back, and the Display was Powered on Still, but no Message. I then Powered the Radio Off, and then powered it Back on, and it Prompted me for the Code again

I input the Correct code, and it worked fine... no doubt if I had taken this to the Dealership, they would have said "it will take an hour" and charged me for the hour while I waited in the waiting room.

Thanks Again, and I hope that from reading these Posts that no one has to deal with going to the Dealership to have their Radio Reset
pete233x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
prestonray
AF Newbie

it wont even let me enter my code all it says is code i press the numbers and nothing happens
prestonray is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant