Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
piyush1
Banned

Cooling problems in the Suzuki Swift?

I have a 2009 Suzuki Swift, which I purchased brand new from the dealers.

Now I'm facing a problem, that when the car is at a standstill, i.e, at a traffic light or so, the a/c just gives us warm air. But when the car is running, it cools fine. Does anyone have any idea about this???? I live in the Middle East, so the temperature just goes up, and I really need a good a/c.

Please help.
piyush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to piyush1 For This Useful Post:
gk68 (07-05-2013)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
phillipshaw
AF Newbie

Re: Cooling problems in the Suzuki Swift?

It is much safe when you get an advice to someone like a technician of a car. Or better yet you must go on the store where you bought the car.

― Robert Frost
phillipshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
gk68
AF Newbie

Re: Cooling problems in the Suzuki Swift?

After installation of an entire cooling system [new radiator, hoses, flids,etc....it seems that my 1997 Suzuki 'Balano' GLX 4cyl. got too hot...replaced ENGINE yesterday! Then after driving this great sounding engine for about 2 miles, THIS happened>>>>>>>
THEN>>>>>Hi everyone!
My first post, so go easy on me...thanks.
I have a 1997 Suzuki Baleno 4cyl. GLX model with auto transmission.

I had the engine replaced today and it looked and ran great....for about 3 miles. Then the car stalled out, after high RPM's. I stopped the engine. Waited a few minutes and started up again and got about another mile...where it stalled in the middle of a rotary.

I guess most folks [judging from their honking and angry reaction] must have thought I stopped at that bad spot to have a picnic.
Finally a bus driver, who first honked, but then realized my problem, got another guy and they helped me push this 'classic' into a safe spot. The bus driver was smiling and the volunteers were great good samaritans.

I called the mechanic and he came to check. He was glad that the engine was good, but admitted that he had forgotten to put in any FLUID after that big engine installation job. He said he'd take care of it in the morning. I said I could go buy the 2 liters of red trans. fluid and still bring it tomorrow.

The store only had 1 liter, so I put that in, and tried to get to the 2nd store. I succeeded, but still had to stop twice. I got the 2nd liter and returned to the car to put it in.

Then I cautiously drove off, but had to stop in half a mile...and rest the tranny for 10 minutes. Then it started right up and I got to the light near my building; turned off engine again..then got the last 200 yards to my place. What a joy ride!

I only went about 4 miles total. Does it sound like the transmission is dead?
It's so hot here that I'm more exhausted than upset. But after ALL the expenses with this Suzuki, I can't afford to get a different car. It has the 'new' engine and new radiator,A/C fan, cooling systen hoses/etc., new tires and rims, rear repair plus 2 shock absorbers.

Any diagnostic, transmission, psych advice??? Thanks!!!!![a GIFT for y'all..from an old blues song......"..If I didn't have BAD luck, I'd have NO LUCK at all!"
gk68 in a far away land.......
gk68 is offline   Reply With Quote