Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
DrifterRZero
AF Newbie

High pitch sound after starting up from 1yr of non-driving

Hi, every one. I need help with a engine sound problem. My vehicle is a 1991 MR2 turbo. For about a 1 year, my car has been sitting in my garage after I replace the motor with another 3S-GTE (I drove briefly and the engine seem fine before I park it for a year)(I occasional start the engine up for the first three months to idle the engine and then the rest of the years left untouched) .

Here's the problem, I decide to start up the engine (getting close to start driving my MR2 about four months from now). For 8 minutes the engine run normal and then a high pitch sound started to come from the engine area (about 3-4 sec of high pitch sound before I shut the engine down). I let the engine rest for about a minute and restarted the engine and the high pitch sound come on ( 3 sec of hearing it, and then shutting the engine down)

The oil in the car was new after I park the car. RPM Idle normal, no unusual engine vibration before and after shutting the engine down.

Could the problem be a loose belt? or not enough oil somewhere in the engine ( I though I idle the engine long enough to oil the engine)?

Any information will help me, All I want to do is drive my car again, I getting tired of driving my family 4 DR Corralla.
DrifterRZero is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S