Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Five Hundred
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
JIMBOBX4
AF Newbie

Trunk Release mechanism replacement

I suddenly can't open my trunk with either the fob or the dash button. When I hit the button, I don't hear anything like I used to. I am just wondering if I need to look under the dash for a relay or something or just remove the rear seats to get into the trunk and replace the mechanism. Any advice appreciated.
JIMBOBX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
JIMBOBX4
AF Newbie

Re: Trunk Release mechanism replacement

Going to update my own post in case others have this same trouble. I was able to get the the trunk latch to operate by hitting the trunk in the general vicinity of the latch while pressing the key fob. I then cleaned the electrical connection with contact cleaner and now the trunk release works better than ever. I think this also solved a random frustration I had where the trunk latch would actuate, but not release. I could get it release eventually but it was really annoying. Now that I have cleaned the contacts, the release sounds stronger and works 100% of the time. So I think a weak electrical connection (caused by oxidation) had been a problem all along.
JIMBOBX4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
latch , mechanism , trunk
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Five Hundred