Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #16
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

I think it was clear that I was talking about the CT20B since that is what the conversation has been on (see thread title). My apologies for not using the "B" on every reference, I'll be more careful in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
both may be reliable do you really think that the td06 is going to have better reliability than a stock turbo??
Did I ever say the TD06 had better reliability than the stock turbo?
I think I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JekylandHyde
Properly set up, I would not suspect either of them to be more reliable than than other.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:27 PM   #17
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: CT20b vs TD06

out of interest jeckyl, what constitutes a badly set up turbo? ie, one thats gonna blow at 260? what are the necessary "safety" aspects?
Old 12-05-2004, 01:53 PM   #18
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

"Badly set up" ... I am refering to the system, not just the actual turbo.

Examples of poor set ups:
1. TD06 set up to run 20 psi of boost on a 100% OEM factory fuel system. Good luck with that.

2. CT26 set up to run 19 psi of boost (well outside of it's efficiency range).

3. Trying to run an internally wastegated TD06 @ 12 psi with a completely open exhaust. Good luck, you are going ot get spikes and creeps all over the place.

When you build your car, you need to have a plan based on a goal. Then you need to do your homework to find out what parts make the most sense.

It makes no sense to use a CT20B if your goal is to dominate the drag strip, just like it makes no sense to use a T67 if you want to dominate the autocross course.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:20 PM   #19
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JekylandHyde
I think it was clear that I was talking about the CT20B since that is what the conversation has been on (see thread title). My apologies for not using the "B" on every reference, I'll be more careful in the future
obviously you were but u dont have to be sarcastic...the ct20 turbo is a completely different turbo made by toyota like i said a million times.. if you were to recamend a ct20 turbo (especially from you, being a highly respected member in the mr2 comunity) then i think the person would find himself with a useless peice... you wouldnt want that would u? i dont mean to sound like a dick or anything but im just trying to stop a mistake from happening....
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
chrispcritter
AF Newbie

ok so lets say we want a fast a.. road race mr2... which turbo would be the best for that? or which engine a jdm 3sgte or a 1mz with a twin set up?
chrispcritter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S