Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 11:26 PM   #61
Scatch!
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hybridaccord
The coilovers that are for the srt-4 are brand new and are made by KW.
Ah, OK. I wonder how different they are from the Dynamics? Maybe the Dynamics are Stage 2?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the one lap srt had the stage 1 upgrade because I believe it was put on there as a test for the upgrade. I could be wrong though.
Are you talking about suspension? It could be. I know that Erich said the suspension was the ACR parts. If that's the case, then the Dynamics are Stage 1. I dunno for sure.

If you're talking about the turbo upgrade, you're still right. But I thought I said that already...
Scatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #62
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

Both stage 2 and stage 3 coilovers are made by KW specifically for mopar specifically for the srt. For some reason, there is no stage 1 coilover, don't ask me why.

Quote:
If you're talking about the turbo upgrade, you're still right. But I thought I said that already...
Looking back at your post about the one lap car you said other than the lsd and suspension, you thought it was stock, that's when I said it had the stage 1 turbo upgrade on it. Maybe I just misunderstood what you meant.

2003 srt-4 - daily driver
93hybridaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #63
Scatch!
AF Regular

Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Both stage 2 and stage 3 coilovers are made by KW specifically for mopar specifically for the srt. For some reason, there is no stage 1 coilover, don't ask me why.
Weird. Maybe stock is "Stage 1".

Quote:
Looking back at your post about the one lap car you said other than the lsd and suspension, you thought it was stock, that's when I said it had the stage 1 turbo upgrade on it. Maybe I just misunderstood what you meant.
hehe Just a miscommunication. You said it had the turbo, and I said I forgot to mention that and you were correct. I just didn't say what I wanted to say very clearly.
Scatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:08 PM   #64
htindall
AF Newbie

Ask any mopar mechanic not some idiot oil changing high school student and he'll tell ya not to get a dodge...

Bullshit! Ase certified master technician, been working on these babies for 10 years, and for me its MOPAR OR NO CAR
htindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #65
htindall
AF Newbie

4. Where's this proof of a 500 whp Neon. Mod list? PICS

http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/news.htm
LOOK FOR YOURSELF...ARE YOU TIRED OF LOOKING AT DODGE TAILLIGHTS?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #66
htindall
AF Newbie

ALso check out the june issue of hot compact and imports page 45-47
Old 11-23-2003, 12:43 PM   #67
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htindall
4. Where's this proof of a 500 whp Neon. Mod list? PICS

http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/news.htm
LOOK FOR YOURSELF...ARE YOU TIRED OF LOOKING AT DODGE TAILLIGHTS?
I also know a guy on www.srtforums.com that has a t3/t4 setup pushing 416whp and 406wtq, but I just can't find the dyno chart. That is with gas though. Those numbers are both up around 500hp at the crank. It's a street driven car though, not strictly for racing. This engine is also in the mopar srt-4 that is driven by shaun carlson and he's pushing 950+ hp on the stock block, crank and bedplate, that should tell you something about this engine, oh yeah, that's at 44psi last I heard.

Old 11-23-2003, 10:45 PM   #68
Roscoe86
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Roscoe86
See? Now we're all starting to get along...can you just feel the love in this forum?

By the way, 93hybridaccord, since you own an SRT-4, could you tell me what you're paying for insurance? And you think you could give me a good guess about how much it would cost for somebody such as myself, with picture-perfect driving record? I'm 17 atm, but by the time i decide to buy an SRT-4, if i do decide, i'll be 18. I'm just looking for a good ballpark estimate, but what some people have told me scares me
Roscoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #69
Scheurmier
AF Newbie

SRT-4 Rocks

The SRT-4 has taken the cake against the several cars that challenged it in road tests, suspension, engine, etc.

The SRT-4 is lacking on the leather and interior design. I didn't buy the car for that junk, I bought it for the performance and right now it is the best deal for your buck.
Scheurmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:04 PM   #70
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

Re: SRT-4 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheurmier
The SRT-4 has taken the cake against the several cars that challenged it in road tests, suspension, engine, etc.

The SRT-4 is lacking on the leather and interior design. I didn't buy the car for that junk, I bought it for the performance and right now it is the best deal for your buck.
As far as the interior goes, I kind of like it compared to the evo interior. Also, I've been in both an sti and an evo and I like the srt-4 seats a lot more. They fit me better and are more comfy.

As far as insurance goes, I've heard some pretty high prices for younger people. I'm sure for full converage at 18 years old, you will be looking at at least $200-$300 a month depending on your area. If you get an '03, it will be cheaper than if you had an '04 just because of the hp rating.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #71
DarkSRT
AF Newbie

Everything Polygon says is true and only certain years of the pre SRT neons had problems and to be quite honest after 96-97 years they were alot better crash rating wasnt so good but i had a 98, 4 door, Plymoth neon, 5-speed, only mod it had was an intake that wasnt even for my model it was for the sport it was a hand me down and that car was balls, i smoked a IS300, reg. Lancer, 99 Civic SI sedan, and my friends 99 neon sport that had about 10g's in the engine alone and i burnt him too so that neon pulled its weight and now i own a SRT-4 and tell me how your gonna hate on it, the neon has always been a good rally car and drag car front wheel drive doesnt matter as long and the LSD is good doesnt matter and you know what it was stated that if it was drop 25mm more then the way it comes stock and it would perform way better cause lets face it neons always come stock pretty high esp. in the back but you know what you pull up behind one and its ass is in the air saying come butt fuck me and then you try to step and it shits all over you. i'm not hating on EVO's and STI's but all i'm gonna say is beware because you can drink your haterade but once you get smoked like a splif passed around at rap concert, are you remeber that you got put in your place by a "NEON" or a "SRT-4".
DarkSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #72
Roscoe86
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Roscoe86
Dude. Why did you bring this up again? It's been like 6-7 months since anybody posted on it. Do yourself a favor as well as everybody else in here, don't bring up dead threads.
Roscoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:27 PM   #73
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

If it costs cheap, I wouldn't complain. I don't like spending money.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:33 PM   #74
RtMangler
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RtMangler
one thing to learn... i work at a dealership one reason so cheap is not a lot of people dont even want to pay 21k for a neon people come in everyday and look at and then walk away cuz its 21k even though its freakin nice as hell they think its not worthy of 21k..... the motor not lasting who ever said taht the 2.4 is a very relialbe motor of course it wont last as long as a naturally asperated car because of all the pressure the motor has to push but still it will last quite a long time i only seen one come in to are shop so far and thats cuz the idiot but a boost controller and boosted the turbo up to 20 something lbs and blew the headgasket and he still deny's he didnt but ohwell he got it warrented..... the neon srt-4 is worth every 21k penny lol from interior to exterior its a beautiful car!
RtMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #75
srt4girl2
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to srt4girl2
Re: Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
I also know a guy on www.srtforums.com that has a t3/t4 setup pushing 416whp and 406wtq, but I just can't find the dyno chart. That is with gas though. Those numbers are both up around 500hp at the crank. It's a street driven car though, not strictly for racing. This engine is also in the mopar srt-4 that is driven by shaun carlson and he's pushing 950+ hp on the stock block, crank and bedplate, that should tell you something about this engine, oh yeah, that's at 44psi last I heard.

this guy i believe your talking about is a really good buddy of mine....i just saw him for nopi at mir(in maryland) and he was running 11's...the guys that are helping him with his car are the same ones who are helping with mine...so soon there will be two of us,and who knows maybe even more!

BTW: did the car have blue reverse flame graphics on it??

oh and also,im not even going to respond to some of the coments made by some trolls in this thread,its not worth it...i kow the truth about srts and thats all that matters!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4