Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #1
RiCR-wana-b
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RiCR-wana-b
'85 325E big swap...

ok whats up guys, i just inheirited my brothers old 85 325e. and i have two other BMW's, both are around the same year(within two years i believe) that are 325i's. and both i can part out for whatever i need. because the engine i have now is on its last leg.
now the parts that are available from both cars include:
vito's(friend) 1985 325i-entire engine is mine, it needs to be broken down and cleaned out and fixed but it is in great condition and has alot of potential. transmission, not sure what it is but it will come with the enigine
Pat's 325i- now this car has been upgraded and fixed up and squeezin nitrous through all gears he runs a 12.5 1/4 mile. but it has been a race car for a while and i dont know what condition the engine is in so i doubt i will be taking that. but from him i will be getting fully customizable race suspension(not sure what brand, i think its eibach), a 4.1 M3 LS differential and brembo big breaks

so with all these parts and pieces thrown into the 325e predictions so far are around 160 hp and somethin like 170-180 ft./lb trq.
and hopefully running around 14's in the 1/4 mile.

now my question is, do any of you guys have any suggestions on things i might need to get all of this done and any other parts i might need to get this up and running.
also if there is a website or a book or anything i can read to get some sort of knowledge on these cars. becuase although im going to get help with this i need some kind of know how on parts.
so anything you guys have would be great...
thanks
RiCR-wana-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
mazdatuner123
AF Newbie

Re: '85 325E big swap...

Hey, i got the same '85 325e. All i have got in it is an intake with race filter and a performance chip. Its nice but i was wondering if you knew of anyplace where there are some high hp engine swaps for this car. Thanks
mazdatuner123 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series