Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 01:49 AM   #1
MastaCivic
AF Enthusiast

Engine Years

Does anyone know if HMotorsOnline or any other well known engine distributors give a correct year engine to go into your car. I mean I know a 95 GSR Motor could fit into my 99 Civic EX but just being picky(which I am very much) I would rather order a motor to be garaunteed 98' or newer. This may just be me but I'd rather have a 98'+ b18c1 with 35k miles rather than a 94-95' b18c1 with 35k miles. Also with an older engine I would have to change my OBD from an OBD II to OBD I if the engine was before like 96'(year?). And I know OBD I is easier to work with, but like I said, I'm picky, and I'd rather have the newer OBD system just because I like newer better than older.
MastaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:11 AM   #2
blindmonk228
AF Newbie

well it depends on which obd II u want obd2a or obd2b. both are still a bitch to work with.usually obd2a is 96-98 and obd2b is 99-01. well im clueless if theyll actually know the exact year. well goodluck finding wut u r lookin for. sorry that i couldnt help.
blindmonk228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #3
salbaje
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to salbaje
you can make any motor obd2 spec even if its obd1 but you will need to change some parts on it to make it to obd2 spec. Most jdm suppliers will have motors under 30,000 miles that's just how they get here. If you need a swap i have them. Just let me know what you need and ill see what i can do. salbaje@comcast.net
salbaje is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!