Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
OverBoardProject
Banned

V8 conversion in a Bronco II

Sorry Folks, I tried a search and didn't find anything.

I'm thinking of selling my S10 Blazer, and buying a Bronco II with a fried motor, but only if it isn't too hard to do a reliable 302 conversion.

Has anyone on this board done such conversions, and how long do they usually take the first time?

I'd be getting it cheap, but have too many projects on the go already to take on anything major.

Thanks
Stu
OverBoardProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #2
0tobe60in10minutes
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 0tobe60in10minutes
Re: V8 conversion in a Bronco II

i own a bronco 2, and i have been thinking of a v8 conversion as well. i beleive you have to completely modify the heater box, you have to alone buy the engine, you have to get a 4 or even 6 core radiator with support etc, and i beleive there is an adapter that fits on the end of the tranny, plus a computer or some sort of eletronic computer if the engine is F/I and/or electric ignition. its a big project, but is worth it in the end, i guess,........good luck
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
OverBoardProject
Banned

Thanks 0tobe60, I've done too many big projects, and got 2 big ones on the go at the moment. I guess that I'll pass on this one even though it would be fun.

The only reason why I'm toying with the idea is because the lot where I work would get me premium dollar for my blazer, and give me the Bronco II at cost

Plus I'd rather push a Ford than drive most Chev's (my Blazer is pretty good but took a lot of work to make it that way)
Old 03-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
0tobe60in10minutes
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 0tobe60in10minutes

haha i hear you...i would never be caught driving a chevy, and ive also looked into the v8 conversion, but since im working on a porsche project right, theres no way i can afford it. now with your conversion, you can also put a 4.0L v6 __(the ford explorer sport trac v6..blah blah) in you B2....it would probably be a little cheaper...and the 4.0 isnt a bad engine either...considering that v6's are getting more popular..like with the ferrari F430....anyway good luck!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
OverBoardProject
Banned

The 4.0 is a possibility then, but these are the last 2 real projects that I want to do..

These will of course both be tuned 302 powered, with a 300 - 350 hp goal

I don't want to sound lazy, but I've built 5 or 6 project vehicles, in my 36 years and I'm starting to think that there are better things out there.

I like 914's and haven't seen any nice ones in a long time. I hope that it turns out the way you want it to.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Truck
AF Regular

a 302 into a bronco II is a major operation, yes. You either have to modify the front on the engine, or move the radiator under the hood latch. (Then get hood pins.) Depending on the year, you'd probably be better off finding a good 2.8 v6. Mine had that, and it was all I needed. (Besides the torque of the 302 v. the weight of the roof is a gamble.)
Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Buckin'Bronco
AF Newbie

I know a guy who has a 88' B2 and he said it was pretty easy, he had to beat back the firewall, to fit the engine of a wrecked 94' GT stang in it he also had to remove part of the A/C it looked like but it is possible, he had people tell him it was impossible and proved their butts wrong.
he also had 2 fuel pumps (youll need them)
Buckin'Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco