Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
talskinyguy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to talskinyguy
Re: turbocharge possible?

It is pretty hard to blow up something that you wont be able to get running. So I guess you do have a point there. But as far as wanting to go fast............
Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #17
2old
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by talskinyguy
But as far as wanting to go fast............
Touche! You got me there.
2old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3133gt
I just wannna know if i should turbo charge this DOHC or trade it for a SOHC and go from there. Simple question.
Wow I did not get that from the first post at all, maybe I just didn't read it right (though I tried 3-4 times). Me personally, I would stick with the DOHC, just for the easier tuning factor.
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - 269AWHP/290AWTQ (Mustang Dyno) - 12.616@106.74 - 1.756 60ft. - 8.06@83.59 (Best TDO4-9B Time) - Driver Mod - IPS TD04-19TL - SPEC 4+ - Wiseco Pistons - 3SX Custom Forged Rods - PMP FMIC + Much More.
Twizted_3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #19
Hotshot8792
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3133gt
I never said they had 4 cyl. engines. I was just emplying that it is good they dont have them because they wouldnt be very effective(stock). And yes i know u can put a turbo on anything. Its jus these DOHC motors are new to me. Im more of a single cam person. And the whole single turbo thing...yes i do want to be different. If i wanted a twin turbo set up, i would have bought a VR-4. I dont. Im more of a single big turbo. And i dont doubt the stock turbos. With proper tuning and accesories, they can put out some amazing numbers. U guys are lookin at this the wrong way. I just wannna know if i should turbo charge this DOHC or trade it for a SOHC and go from there. Simple question.

Have you ever thought about just buying a vr-4 to begin with, take the twin turbos off, sell them, and put a single on instead? Many have done it before. You will still have the same amount of work ahead of you as you would with the DOHC non-turbo, plus you would already have an engine thats proven to hold 30+ PSI (instead of having one where you really can't run anymore than 10 PSI) and you would have the stronger tranny, and on top of it, you would have AWD.

And FYI, i'm assuming your used to american cars talking about SOHC since most american cars are. Engines with DOHC heads make more power than equivalent blocks with SOHC heads. The difference between the DOHC N/A and SOHC N/A is 60 hp.

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL-TT Automatic - Black
3.05 L Arias Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, DR Stage 3 heads, 3SX TD05 kit w/ E16G's, CX Racing FMIC, 550cc injectors, Walbro 255lph pump, + supporting mods

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - Black
Intake & Boost Controller so far

2006 Sea-Doo RXP Supercharged, Updraded SC, IC + supporting mods
Hotshot8792 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth