Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
Moze
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Praise for Nelson Performance

No, I didn't get the tune - just the LS1 Harness. But man they do quality work! There's stuff they didn't have to do on that harness, but they sure go the distance to ensure functionality as well as good looks. I'm pretty impressed with it and just wanted to throw that out there.

If anyone else ever decides to do electric fans - just swallow hard, shell out the $100 and get the harness!

2003 SILVERADO Z71 ECSB 5.3L - NELSON TUNED - YANK 2600 CONVERTER - DOUG THORLEY TRI-Y HEADERS - SPIN TECH MUFFLER - 224/224 .563/.563 112LSA CAM - TRUE FLOW AIR INTAKE SYSTEM - PORTED THROTTLE BODY - THROTTLE BODY BYPASS - LS1 ELECTRIC FANS - NELSON FAN HARNESS - 160° T-STAT - WALBRO FUEL PUMP - AMSOIL SYNTHETIC OIL - WWW.LS1TRUCK.COM
Moze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
jethro_3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Praise for Nelson Performance

Now the $32K question is....... How are you going to turn on pin 42???

The real staement is, "Swallow hard and just get the tune, you won't regret it!!!"

"The Sleeper" '05 6.0L VHO
Cam in and
Low 14's happening at the track
Check out my Ride
jethro_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Moze
AF Newbie

I guess I'll just flip the switch.

2003 SILVERADO Z71 ECSB 5.3L - NELSON TUNED - YANK 2600 CONVERTER - DOUG THORLEY TRI-Y HEADERS - SPIN TECH MUFFLER - 224/224 .563/.563 112LSA CAM - TRUE FLOW AIR INTAKE SYSTEM - PORTED THROTTLE BODY - THROTTLE BODY BYPASS - LS1 ELECTRIC FANS - NELSON FAN HARNESS - 160° T-STAT - WALBRO FUEL PUMP - AMSOIL SYNTHETIC OIL - WWW.LS1TRUCK.COM
Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
scottZ71
AF Newbie

Does the Nelson tune improve gas mileage? What does it do to your horseppwer? Where/how can I get this?
scottZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
Moze
AF Newbie

Yes it improves gas mileage under normal driving conditions. If you have your foot through the floorboard though, you likely won't see an increase. You can get a tune for whichever octane gas you prefer to run - the higher the octane you tune for the more hp you'll get. Of course, then your gas bill will be higher...all depends on your wallet...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado