Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 06:22 PM   #16
lancerz
AF Regular

Talking Evo VI Police Car

Evo VI Lancer Police Car

Probably one of the craziest and scariest ideas ive seen...A Street based rally car with police Badging...

Two Words: F**king Scary.

---------------------
Essex Police UK Cop Car, check it out here:
View My Site Report here
Old 06-01-2001, 11:16 PM   #17
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
San Bernardino County Sheriff

San Bernardino County Sheriff usually roll around in all-white Ford Crown Vics, but today I saw one with all the same markings, but it was an all-black Infiniti Q45 (previous model). Thought that was neat.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 02:29 AM   #18
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Quote:
Originally posted by Kris94G20
I have seen some UHP driving the new Chevy impala's, They look kind of funny to me.
I've heard that of all the US cop cars (the regulars...Crown vics, blah blah blah) those are the fastest! Top speed over 200! Somehow I doubt that though. Never seen good evidence for it.
Old 06-03-2001, 05:47 PM   #19
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

I don't believe that, how come they don't catch everyone who speeds on TV then? Those beasts would also be pretty unstable at 150mph, forget 200mph.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:01 PM   #20
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
what does the police do to the normal police cars(caprice, etc..)?? do they drpp a blower in there or what? i've always wondered what they did.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 12:28 AM   #21
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
I don't believe that, how come they don't catch everyone who speeds on TV then? Those beasts would also be pretty unstable at 150mph, forget 200mph.
What are you watching?

I don't see many people get away. I don't often see the cops having trouble keeping up, either. It's just that the general police procedure in a chase is to let the suspect stop, or run out of gas, etc... If the suspect is endangering pedestrians or something, the police will go ahead and take 'em out, usually by hitting the rear of the car in a turn, so it spins out, or maybe by boxing it in and slowing it down.

The only time I saw the cops having trouble was on one of the FOX "World's Wildest Police Chase" shows where the suspect had a souped-up Mercedes that could outrun the police cruisers. So then the local P.D. got out their 5.0 Mustang Interceptor. That chase didn't last long after that; the Mercedes lost it and wrecked or something.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:35 PM   #22
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
The best police vehicle is the one parked outside the bakery. At least parked there, they aren't pestering the drivers or shooting unarmed black men in the back.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 07-19-2001, 11:29 PM   #23
VTEC V6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VTEC V6
automobile mag tested one of the new crown vics a while bak
it did 0-60 like 8.2 quarter in the 16's and it topped out at 120mph, 115 with the light bar

so its not very fast but they put more heavy duty parts on it like battery, brakes, suspension

one time i saw a truck load of state trooper cars at a gas station they had the new car sticker on them and all

it had a list of heavy duty parts on it but no speed performance parts

jus 2 wks ago i saw an old early 90's 5.0 mustang with a blower (huge hood scoop) then i saw the state trooper badges on the side, i was like wtf!!!

04 STi
VTEC V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 12:32 PM   #24
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

The coolest cop car would have to be in Denver, a red Lamborghini Countach. I have a poster of it in my room and it makes me scared to death to ever visit Colorado. Around here they have the new Crown Vic's and some Impala's. I heard that the reason the Cop Crown Vic's are so fast is that they are made form a completely separate factory from the stock Crown's.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:48 PM   #25
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah in canada we have the new impalas, i think they have corvette engines in them...... never seen anything else except for the crown vics and patty wagons
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 08:02 PM   #26
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

I not sure if I said this before cause if getting slow but Italy has got 1300 BMW 328i's in the force. As for my point about the cars getting away, you think it's good publicity and good TV to show the people getting away? It says to people that when you break the law, assuming your not drunk and a Dumb-Ass, you can get away. That it why they don't show it, I've seen some failed police chases before involving British Police and their way better than american Cops, No offence. The Us cops just ram the rear fender sending the car into a spin, the Brits do that rarely and manage to take less damage than Americans. (This is what I have assesed and watched over the years, I not trying to start a flame war or anything so don't give me negative feedback that will start something , it is merely my opinion and not a fact.)

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 09:30 PM   #27
VTEC V6
AF Regular

how do the europeans stop the fleers?

04 STi
Old 07-29-2001, 09:36 PM   #28
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Arrow Porsche

I get what you're saying, but you have to remember my end. I live in L.A., where every police chase gets televised live. Maybe I can't speak for law enforcemnt in America as a whole, but I can say that LAPD, L.A. County Sheriff and California Highway Partol are doing all right.

We averaged about a chase a month for a while. Two weeks ago there was a chase that lasted about two hours, from about 4pm to 6pm, so it preempted the evening news on some channels.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:52 PM   #29
Darkwing
AF Enthusiast

here we have the crown vic's and cherokee's, and some new Impala's. People don't speed much in Arkansas! lol! but we have the motocycle cops too. and alot of off road state policemen cuz we got alot of backcountry here. But the big thing here is undercover cops. People in everyday cars like Z3's and camaroes, and even those new celica's. No markings at all, they just drive around and nab speeders and lawbreakers. VERY scary. gotta watch what you are doing all the time. I h8 'em.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:22 PM   #30
VTEC V6
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkwing
here we have the crown vic's and cherokee's, and some new Impala's. People don't speed much in Arkansas! lol! but we have the motocycle cops too. and alot of off road state policemen cuz we got alot of backcountry here. But the big thing here is undercover cops. People in everyday cars like Z3's and camaroes, and even those new celica's. No markings at all, they just drive around and nab speeders and lawbreakers. VERY scary. gotta watch what you are doing all the time. I h8 'em.
Do those undercover cops have the gov. plates? that is so unfair do they have the lights inside?

if they dont have any blue and red lights inside or out and no gove plates i wouldnt pull over

04 STi