Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
SOLOITR2001
AF Newbie

Fujimi Integra Type R Project

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I just made a new purchase today for 2 new Integra Type R models. I got the Fujimi Initial D Integra Type R and the MotorMax Integra Type R, both 1/24 scale to add to my crazy large car collection.

Now I have made my share of models in the past but never anything custom and with crazy detail. With me owning a real 2001 Integra Type R I felt I needed to get a JDM model to replicate my real project. And so I am here.

The question I got is on my real Type R I got the optional side skirts and rear aprons, now has anyone tried to create a set of optional side skirts and rear apron to fit a 1/24 scale model? If you dont know what I am talking about here is a pic of them.

(NOT MY CAR)
SOLOITR2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
star21
AF Regular

Re: Fujimi Integra Type R Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOITR2001 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I just made a new purchase today for 2 new Integra Type R models. I got the Fujimi Initial D Integra Type R and the MotorMax Integra Type R, both 1/24 scale to add to my crazy large car collection.

Now I have made my share of models in the past but never anything custom and with crazy detail. With me owning a real 2001 Integra Type R I felt I needed to get a JDM model to replicate my real project. And so I am here.

The question I got is on my real Type R I got the optional side skirts and rear aprons, now has anyone tried to create a set of optional side skirts and rear apron to fit a 1/24 scale model? If you dont know what I am talking about here is a pic of them.

(NOT MY CAR)

Sorry to say that looks like it will have to be custom. Good luck with your project. It looks like you won't need much reference pics.
star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Those are some pretty basic shapes. I've never made those but I have made similar things and just built them up with sheets and strips of styrene. For example, the front lip would be simple; cut some styrene sheet to the contour of the bottom of the front bumper (looking up from the bottom) to make support for the bottom edge, then use one strip of styrene around the front, and another over it to make the stepped look of the front lip. Fill any gaps with putty, sand and file to the final shape. It'll take a little work but the mechanics of it are pretty straight forward.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
SOLOITR2001
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info. I figured that it wouldnt be impossible since the shapes are very simple. The kit already has the front lip. I just need the side skirts and rear. I just didnt know what type of material to make the parts up with.
SOLOITR2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling