Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
blight
AF Regular

Talking !?Suggestions please?!

Ok, here is the deal.

1. I need a car that gets 25up mpg on the hiway.
2. I would like to be able to get it to pull a 14 flat with little money
3. **edited by moderator**
4. This car needs to start off cheap too - like 2500 and under range.

Ok suggestions please.

Thanks all.

Last edited by del; 02-03-2005 at 02:34 PM.
blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
del
móddə rąytər

Re: !?Suggestions please?!

you're asking for 25+ mpg and 14 sec quarter mile for $2500 or less, all at the same time. hmmm. that's a brain teaser. i can't think of one off the top of my head. i'll get back to you if i think of one.

btw, keep the content of your message free of rated "x" material please. thank you.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
My red 89 GTC ran 14.6 @ 98 MPH in the ¼ stock, got close to 30MPG if driven right, and I paid $3,000 for it. Granted I bought it a while back from my parents and it was in showroom condition.

You can find most any Turbo Mopar from the mid 80s to early 90s for under $2,500, most any of them will get over 25MPG, and for about $1,500 - $2,000 you can run 12s in the 1/4 mile so 14s is cake.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
blight
AF Regular

is there enough room in that gtc though?

also which turbo dodge was that any how? datona? omni? what?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
blight
AF Regular

Re: !?Suggestions please?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blight
is there enough room in that gtc though?

also which turbo dodge was that any how? datona? omni? what?
scratch that it is a lebarren. ok to the lebaren idea is there enough room inside? also whihc lebarens came with that turbo II option?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #6
Polygon
The Red Baron

Re: Re: !?Suggestions please?!

Quote:
scratch that it is a lebarren. ok to the lebaren idea is there enough room inside? also whihc lebarens came with that turbo II option?
Well, there is plenty of room in the front, but the back is another story. The back is fine for kids but would be uncomfortable for an adult for any long period of time. The LeBaron only came with the Turbo II one year, 1989. They were pretty rare but you can find some, mostly on the eastern half of the country. I know of one for sale right now in Michigan for $800 that needs a little work. However, you could buy a Turbo I GTC and convert it to a Turbo II. It isn't very hard and they are far more common. The really nice thing about the Turbo II is the fact that they came with the A-555 Getrag forged five speed, but you can find one of those and swap it to a Turbo I as well. It is a direct bolt on.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
blight
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: !?Suggestions please?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Well, there is plenty of room in the front, but the back is another story. The back is fine for kids but would be uncomfortable for an adult for any long period of time. The LeBaron only came with the Turbo II one year, 1989. They were pretty rare but you can find some, mostly on the eastern half of the country. I know of one for sale right now in Michigan for $800 that needs a little work. However, you could buy a Turbo I GTC and convert it to a Turbo II. It isn't very hard and they are far more common. The really nice thing about the Turbo II is the fact that they came with the A-555 Getrag forged five speed, but you can find one of those and swap it to a Turbo I as well. It is a direct bolt on.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks. I am looking into the daytons now instead because the way the back seat is set up i have an idea....hmmm.... Also would a fuel controller help get these better MPG? (i assume these are all fuel injected right?) If so do you have a recomendation for the type and where i woudl get such a thing?

anyhow does anyone else have any other suggestion?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
Polygon
The Red Baron

Re: Re: Re: Re: !?Suggestions please?!

Quote:
Thanks. I am looking into the daytons now instead because the way the back seat is set up i have an idea....hmmm.... Also would a fuel controller help get these better MPG? (i assume these are all fuel injected right?) If so do you have a recomendation for the type and where i woudl get such a thing?

anyhow does anyone else have any other suggestion?
Yeah, Daytonas are very easy to find. Pretty much all of them are fuel injected and all the turbo models are. Anything past 1985 is fuel injected but I would stick with a 1989 or later model. They have better intakes and engines. As for fuel controllers, I don't know of any for these cars.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons